TNAS Mobile-File: Unable to see more than 25 sub-folders

TNAS PC for Windows and macOS, TNAS mobile for iOS and Android, and smart TV application and clients.
mickbrooks991

TNAS Mobile-File: Unable to see more than 25 sub-folders

Post by mickbrooks991 »

I have a top level directory on the TNAS named as "Music", under which I have all my CD's (1,500) as sub-folders, each one containing all the songs (.MP4) for that album. In TNAS Mobile when I go to File and then click on the Music folder, I can only see 25 folders of my CDs. There is obviously a limit on what is being viewed, as if I add a new CD folder to the top of the list, the last 25th one drops off the viewing list. Is there a way in TNAS Mobile that I can see all of my music CD folders?
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: TNAS Mobile-File: Unable to see more than 25 sub-folders

Post by TMS »

Hi,
Can you tell your TOS version, phone model and TNAS mobile app version? We are troubleshoot it.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
mickbrooks991

Post by mickbrooks991 »

Thank you for responding and as requested:
TOS v 4.2.07-2012241608
TNAS Mobile v 2.4.3
iPhone 8
mickbrooks991

Post by mickbrooks991 »

I was wondering since I responded with my version details on the 25 Jan 21, Tech support may have been able to look at this issue?
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Hi,
Your problem has not been reproduced for the time being, and the same example as yours has not been found. Can we troubleshoot it remotely, which will locate and fix the problem faster. By the way,how is the "Music" shared folder created??
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
mickbrooks991

Post by mickbrooks991 »

Thank you for responding. I have attached a screenshot of my TerraMaster NAS Desktop to show the music sub-folders (692 artists). As you can see from the screenshot it is shared at the top level folder (public). I have also attached 6 screenshots off my iPhone using the TNAS Mobile app. Each mobile screenshot is a level down from the other, and when you get to the music folder it only shows 25 folders (artists) of 692 that are on the NAS. I can go into each of those 25 folders and can see the album folders and then the music files in each album folder. What I cannot do in TNAS Mobile is see more than 25 folders, when there are 692 on the NAS.

Happy to give you remote access, but I am not sure it is a problem with the TerraMaster NAS. I believe it is the TNAS Mobile app that has the issue.
Attachments
PC Screenshot of TNAS Desktop "Music" folder
PC Screenshot of TNAS Desktop "Music" folder
iPhone screenshot TNAS Mobile of 6th level folder
iPhone screenshot TNAS Mobile of 6th level folder
iPhone screenshot TNAS Mobile of 5th level
iPhone screenshot TNAS Mobile of 5th level
iPhone screenshot TNAS Mobile of 4th level
iPhone screenshot TNAS Mobile of 4th level
iPhone screenshot TNAS Mobile of 3rd level
iPhone screenshot TNAS Mobile of 3rd level
iPhone screenshot TNAS Mobile of 2nd level
iPhone screenshot TNAS Mobile of 2nd level
iPhone 002.PNG (20.31 KiB) Viewed 3619 times
iPhone screenshot TNAS Mobile of top level
iPhone screenshot TNAS Mobile of top level
iPhone 001.PNG (24.31 KiB) Viewed 3619 times
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Hi,
We are troubleshooting and fixing this problem. Can you try to change the sorting method to view other folders?
mickbrooks991

Post by mickbrooks991 »

I am not sure what you mean by your last sentence. I have read and understood it that you wished me to rearrange my subfolders. I have therefore brought my "Music" folder up 4 levels and it now sits directly under "Public" i.e. Volume#1/public/music. This has made no difference to what can be seen in the TNAS Mobile app. In the "Music" folder there are 692 sub-folders (Artists) and under each of those "Artist" folders there will be more sub-folders named after the artists albums. In the TNAS Mobile app you can still only see 25 sub-folders in the "Music" folder even when I have moved it right up under "public".

I have another folder under "public" called "video" which has 85 sub-folders and 360 .MP4 files in. The TNAS Mobile app can only see the first 25 sub-folders.

I also have a folder under "public" called "pictures" with 10 sub-folders named after years i.e. "2004". Under for example the sub-folder "2004" there are 50 folders in date order of photographs. You can only see 25 sub-folders. If you go into a date folder you can only see 25 .JPG files.

Therefore, it is a limitation of the TNAS Mobile app that you can only see 25 either sub-folders or files in a folder.
artestudio53

Post by artestudio53 »

I have the exact same problem, both on Android 10 and on iPad. I hope you will be able to solve it soon.
mickbrooks991

Post by mickbrooks991 »

Come on TMS please acknowledge "artestudio53" post and my previous post on the limitation in the TNAS Mobile App. This is an App wide fault that you can only see either 25 folders or 25 files in the "Files" option of the TNAS Mobile App.