website application (tos) not working. Just writes S4LIM-4LK

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
ChristianCOMMARMOND

website application (tos) not working. Just writes S4LIM-4LK

Post by ChristianCOMMARMOND »

Hi,

I did not connect for sometime but after we moved the Terramaster, the web interface does not work anymore. No error in any log that I can find...

But I have access to the command line. I see that it listens on the web ports (the web site 'works', but just write this word in the navigator). I tried with Chrome and IE, the same.

ONLY the website is not working. shared disks works.

Product is F5-422
Software version 4.1.27 (probably).

Does someone knows how to solve this problem? Else, how can I reinstall or update from command line?

thanks,
Christian
ChristianCOMMARMOND

Re: website application (tos) not working. Just writes S4LIM-4LK

OK, after some more research, it seems that the php used is not safe. Someone was able to get more or less inside the system and changed the index.php file (this on Sept 28th.).

So I need to rebuild the php of the website.

How to do?

Regards,
Christian
ChristianCOMMARMOND

I think that I can recover if I get a copy of the file /opt/var/index.php for version 4.1.27 (but probably any version will do, I will use just to upgrade to last one).

Can someone post it here?

Thank you.

Christian
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

If you can access your TNAS with Windows Explorer but cannot login to TOS webpage, please reinstall your TOS to fix it. Please refer to this link to get the instructions: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=423
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ChristianCOMMARMOND

Hi,

as always, thank you for your very fast answer.

I had a look to your page about how to repair. Unfortunately, it is not applicable, because, first the TOS page does not come, and then, the second way needs to be with the machine. But with the virus lock downs... I can not access it (I am 2600 km far...).

That's why I just wanted the missing file /opt/var/index.php which was replaced by the 'pirate'... He was not able to do anything else.

It is very easy to get it when you connect to the shell.

Could you end it to me by mail? I already downloaded the last version to install it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: I have a very good password... But he was able to replace the file WITHOUT login. That means that there is a big hole somewhere in php (I had a look on internet and found a few victims...).

regards,
Christian COMMARMOND
ChristianCOMMARMOND

HI,

I would like to have an answer to my request, since you have a lot of security problems in the TOS, like you can see here:
https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerabilit ... ystem.html

I don't think that I did anything wrong connecting my NAS to internet.

But the listed link (and a little bit google search) gives to anyone a simple way to connect as root to any Terra-Master NAS. And visibly, these issues are not solved. So, yes, I could retro-ingenner your system, which is visible quite simple, but I have more important things to do.

So I would like to have a copy of the only file which was lost on my NAS so I can upgrade it.

Thanks,
Christian COMMARMOND
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please download from this link http://dl.terra-master.com/cn/index.php-1
Please remove -1 after downloading.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ChristianCOMMARMOND

Hi,

thanks a lot for your help. I was able to restart the website and upgrade.

regards,
Christian COMMARMOND