webserver on F2-210 activation problem - not possible

Using Web Server, PHP, MySQL, MariaDB.
kafencetu

webserver on F2-210 activation problem - not possible

Post by kafencetu »

Hello friends ,

I have an issue with activation the webserver on my TNAS ( F2-210). I have updated to version 4.1.31, again the same.
I go the menu and select the check box for webserver activation , when I click on the Apply button , the selection box become empty and the server is not running.
Please advice if you have an idea , or a solution.
Thanks a lot and wish you good day!
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: webserver on F2-210 activation problem - not possible

Post by TMSupport »

Please install and use Web Server from TOS application center to see whether it's ok.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
kafencetu

Post by kafencetu »

Thanks for the fast response , I have done the update to 4.1.32 but again the same issue , do you have other advises?
I am attaching screen shot from the page with the Web server activation on my NAS.
Thanks!
Attachments
2020-10-27_12-07.png
kafencetu

Post by kafencetu »

OK , after the update and few installations and deinstallations of the web-server , finally I have got it activated. Anyway there might be an issue , or something that is not clearly explain in the user manual
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Glad that your problem has been solved. The user manual will be improved in the future
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
juan26felipe

Post by juan26felipe »

Hello, does anyone know how to solve this problem, I have not been able to get it to work and I have restarted it several times without getting any functionality response @tmsupport
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMwuu »

{L_BUTTON_AT}juan26felipe

You can try to operate according to the following steps: first uninstall the Web Server, then install the latest TOS system version, and reinstall the Web Server application.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Merseygeek

Post by Merseygeek »

Hi all, I have had the same issue, however I have found the following:

When WebDav is enabled, Webserver will not enable.

Not sure why it will only let you use one OR the other.

Also when using webserver, would anyone be able to point me in the right direction as to how I can use either Websever or WebDAV as an alternative to a VPN?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Merseygeek
There may be conflicts between webserver and webdav in old versions. It is recommended that you update the TOS to the latest version. In addition, you need to pay attention to whether they use duplicate ports.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Merseygeek

Post by Merseygeek »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMzethar

I am using the current version of TOS, as it is the F2-210 that i use with TOS 4.2.x, as there is no other OS Update for that model yet, as I see others on OS 5, and now the chatter is that there is TOS 6 on its way.

So other than that it is as updated as can be.

As for the ports, I use different ports for webserver and webdav, and yet cannot access either from outside my home network or from within.

The OS help pages are not even updated for TOS 4.2.X, as they still show options that no longer exist on my model and TOS.

Thinking of doing a complete removal of TOS and using something along the lines of Nextcloud on the hardware, which at least has better functionality and works amazing on the arm cortex range of processors.

Seeing as TOS has lost some functions and has confusing "Help" pages and limited applications, can't even connect a mapped drive using webdave like you can using windows server or ubuntu.