Problem installing Wordpress manually

Using Web Server, PHP, MySQL, MariaDB.
Zhamster_

Problem installing Wordpress manually

Post by Zhamster_ »

Recently I acquired a terramaster f2-221 with the intention of being able to mount a functional web server with wordpress in order to make my backups and a few tests.

Currently I have working without problem the web server, php 7.2.11 and phpmyadmin under mariaDB.

The problem comes when I want to install Wordpress 5.4.2 on it since I receive the well-known "Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress."

So I read that in php7 the mysql driver was changed to mysqli.

When I create a php.info I receive the data without problem but I do not see the mysql extension in it.

I tried to access pos ssh but I lack some knowledge to locate where the error.

I have also done several tests in /php/nginex/php.ini but none of these solve the problem:

I think it's a common error for consumers of terramaster devices. That's why I come to this community looking for information on how to solve the problem.

Thank you very much to all of you
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Problem installing Wordpress manually

Post by TMSupport »

Hello, we will check and test here and get back to you later.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please SSH access your TNAS and login as root to check whether you have the three red marked options as the picture shows.
20200727165440.png
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
MathieuC

Post by MathieuC »

Hello,

I'm having the same kind of issue, I can't find a way to use php in command line with mysql. I'd lke to debug a script and need to have a command line tool supporting mysqli, but can't find mysqli.so (nor mysql.so) in /usr/lib/php/modules/. How can I get those modules installed ?

Here are my "theoricaly" installed modules :

Code: Select all

[root@JAGAMINE ~]# php -m
[PHP Modules]
bcmath
bz2
calendar
Core
ctype
curl
date
dba
dom
exif
fileinfo
filter
ftp
gd
gettext
gmp
hash
iconv
intl
json
ldap
libxml
mbstring
mcrypt
mysqli
mysqlnd
openssl
pcntl
pcre
PDO
pdo_mysql
pdo_pgsql
pdo_sqlite
pgsql
Phar
php_terra_master
posix
readline
redis
Reflection
session
shmop
SimpleXML
snmp
soap
sockets
SPL
sqlite3
standard
sysvshm
tokenizer
wddx
xml
xmlreader
xmlrpc
xmlwriter
xsl
Zend OPcache
zip
zlib

[Zend Modules]
Zend OPcache
and here is my script output :

Code: Select all

php -c /mnt/md0/appdata/hargassner/conf/php.ini -f /mnt/md0/appdata/hargassner/stockBDD-php7-test.php
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/mysqli.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/mysqli.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/mysql.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
regards
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please contact support(at)terra-master.com to get technical support.
Yunker45

Post by Yunker45 »

TMSupport wrote: 27 Jul 2020, 16:57 Please SSH access your TNAS and login as root to check whether you have the three red marked options as the picture shows.
20200727165440.png
If that helps, I can confirm that it's how I installed Wordpress on my computer myself.
calavera

Post by calavera »

Hello,
Is there any update about this topic? I would like to install manually Wordpress on the my NAS (F4-210) WebServer (in order to be able to configure multiple instances if needed), but I receive the same message about the missing MySQL extension.

Thanks
frankjpunto

Post by frankjpunto »

I have the same problem.
WORDPRESS is possible to install as tnas application on ngix and it will be accessible through the same web interface of TOS (port 8181). But it is impossible to have wordpress active on the web server(httpd) and thus using virtual host and other ports such as the common 80.
By accessing using 80, the message is Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension
PHP works on ngix but not on the httpd.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

We have application WordPress at our TOS Application center, you can install it there. May I know why you want to install it manually?
frankjpunto

Post by frankjpunto »

I am not installing it manually.
I have installed with application and TOS

I want to have access to WordPress through APACHE server on port 80. In this case the module mysql is not loaded.

No problem if you have access through nginx/1.16.1 that it is the default. But in this case, you can not use the port 80 or the virtual host.

Basically, the issue arises since you suggested disabling the TOS interface from accessing outside local network for security reasons. Now, by default, all the web based applications of TNAS are using the same engine of the Tos interface (nginx). So, if I disable the TOS web interface I will disable all the web based applications including wordpress.
So the solution is to use WordPress using the APACHE engine (that is the one behind the webserver application). But it does not work, since the apachee engine (webserver application) is not correctly configured for running Wordpress.

Please inform the technical team.