Access Forbidden

Using Web Server, PHP, MySQL, MariaDB.
Archigos

Access Forbidden

Post by Archigos »

I'm running the latest TOS 5.0.176 and have the Webserver 2.2.6 installed. About a week or two I created a folder in the root of the server and put some files in it. When I gave the link to a friend it showed the directory listing of that folder (which is what I wanted), they were able to download the files so I deleted the folder. I have since rebooted the server, but now when I create a folder in the root, no matter what link I give them (for the folder) I get access forbidden. I tried creating an .htaccess file inside that folder with the following:

Code: Select all

Options +Indexes
and I get the same error. Just to test it, I tried creating an .htaccess with the same info in the root folder and that changed from showing my page to the same access forbidden error.

Ideally, I do NOT want to deal with .htaccess at all and allow any directory without an index.php to just show the directory listing by default. I have no idea where the httpd.conf file is or any other way to configure the server. Any help would be appreciated.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: Access Forbidden

Post by TMRyan »

You can edit the permissions of the media user group for this shared folder. If you set open_basedir for php, you can try none instead.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
Archigos

Post by Archigos »

I already have the settings you mentioned and nothing changed.
Archigos

Post by Archigos »

Nevermind, I rebooted and it fixed it... (I had just checked the settings you mentioned, changed away from what you said and changed back to make sure they matched and it worked.)

I think the issue came from the fact that the Media group didn't have permissions to Public cause that's the only thing that changed.

:: Sorry, couldn't find an edit for my last post
Archigos

Post by Archigos »

It's done it a few times since... to solve it, I have to Control Panel -> User Group click to edit media click Permissions not change anything and hit Apply and wait... once it's done I can refresh the webpage and have it work.