Relocate working MariaDB to another volume

Using Web Server, PHP, MySQL, MariaDB.
Fionn

Relocate working MariaDB to another volume

Post by Fionn »

Hi All,

I have the F4-210 OS ver: 4.2.31-2203011629 containing multiple volumes. I would like to move the database from MariaDB (Version 10.2.17) from volume 2 to volume 1. How can I achieve this?
I tried the "reset database to" option where you can select the volume in MDB but it seems not even the DB did reset, as nothing was deleted at all.
I have a backup (from within MariaDB) from the DB so there is not much to loose.
One last note, the NAS has no internet access, only local network.

Thanks a lot
Fionn
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Relocate working MariaDB to another volume

Post by TMSupport »

The storage location of the database cannot be modified.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

TMSupport wrote: 25 May 2022, 17:54 The storage location of the database cannot be modified.
Thank you for the feedback.
That's very unfortunate. So basically the best approach would be to rebuild the NAS with only the disk where I would like to have the database located (SSD), than add additional disks (HDD)?
Currently I have 1 volume on a single SSD 1TB disk, and 1 volume on a single HDD 12TB disk. The SSD is almost empty, the HDD is half empty. If I would remove the HDD now than reset/reinstall everything with the SSD only, and once completed re-insert the HDD would I loose the data on the disk, or the NAS could accept the disk with all the data on it an work without issues?

Thank you!
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Reinstalling the system will not result in loss of hard drive data. You can use the SSD to reinstall the system, and then insert the HDD to use. After inserting the HDD, you need to restart the TOS.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)