Configure innodb variable

Using Web Server, PHP, MySQL, MariaDB.
matt_hds

Configure innodb variable

Post by matt_hds »

Hello,

I would need to change the Variable 'innodb_log_file_size' in my SQLMariaDB server installed on F5-422".

As I was not able to find the .ini or .cnf file : Could you please tell me where it is located? in the appdata repository?

I tried to use command line:
SET GLOBAL innodb_log_file_size = "100663296";
SET innodb_log_file_size = "100663296";
but It returns: (1238): Variable 'innodb_log_file_size' is a read only variable.

Finaly, if I stop the server, I don't know how change the server variable then restart it.

Any help is welcome;
Many thanks,
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Configure innodb variable

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
Did you write the variable 'innodb_log_file_size' yourself? We could not find the variable. Maybe in /etc/mysql/my.cnf, you can try to check it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
matt_hds

Re: Configure innodb variable

Post by matt_hds »

Thanks for your reply,
Accessing the "/etc/mysql/my.cnf" via a ssh connection enabled to edit the file as desired.

Steps are as follow:
1 stop the server (application/Mariadb stop)
2 edit the file and add the desired values to use when starting the server as an example adding these 2 lines:
innodb_log_file_size = 1GB
max_allowed_packet = 1GB
note: use the command sudo to edit the file to have the good rights.
3 start the server
4 check the variables are well settled by entering the server and then reading the variables (by default these variables are indeed already defined to small values).

Hope it might help.