Activation extension WebServer

Using Web Server, PHP, MySQL, MariaDB.
moussetik

Activation extension WebServer

Post by moussetik »

Hello,

Sorry for my bad English, I'm a good French ...

I am trying to activate several extensions (in this case session and pdo mysql) of the web server, launched itself via the application provided in the TOS Store. I am not a pro in PHP configuration, but on other OS: I can do these operations perfectly.

I have done several searches. Obviously I am not the only one affected, but no one gives the procedure. So if you could write it here, future people like me wouldn't be looking for hours.

Here are the results of my research:
- viewtopic.php?f=32&t=665&p=4258&hilit=mysql#p4258
This person installed Wordpress manually with the store's web server, but Wordpress cannot find the PDO extension.

- https://forum.phpfrance.com/gestion-de- ... 80741.html
This user wants to use php sessions for his website but the extension is not activated either. I tested the manipulations proposed in this link, but as for the other user, impossible to activate them.

When I do the command "php -m" on a putty session as root, I get the list of active extensions (like on the first link). On the other hand, as I read in the second link, I imagine that this command is carried out on the TOS server itself, and not "WebServer" of the TOS store.

Could you help me by telling me how to activate the Web Server extensions that you make available to me in your store?

Here are the characteristics of my NAS:
- F4-210
- TOS 4.1.32-2008031214

Regards,
Franck
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Activation extension WebServer

Post by TMroy »

We are going to release a new update for the Web Server in near future, with that you will be able to configure different php version for your web server.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
moussetik

Post by moussetik »

Fantastic !

Do you have any thoughts on when this update will take place?

I really need it to work ...
Do you have any info on how to do the manipulation on my command line side in the meantime?
Or, could you confirm for me that with Docker I would be able to install a version of php that I can configure myself from the command line?

While waiting for your response, I still continue to search. I have access to the php configuration indicated in phpinfo () and putty, but the extensions seem to be active ...

Thank you for your reactivity!
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

I can't tell when exactly, but soon.
and sorry i can't provide you with information about the command line, as soon as I have, I will let you know.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
romeonich

Post by romeonich »

To activate these extensions, you'll need to make changes to the PHP configuration file. Here's a step-by-step procedure you can follow:

Connect to your NAS via SSH using a tool like PuTTY or any other SSH client.

Once connected, navigate to the directory where the PHP configuration file is located. This file is typically named php.ini. You can use the following command to find the file:
find / -name php.ini

This command will search for the php.ini file in the file system. It may take some time to complete, so be patient.

Once you locate the php.ini file, open it using a text editor. For example, you can use the nano editor with the following command:
nano /path/to/php.ini

Replace /path/to/php.ini with the actual path to the php.ini file you found in the previous step.

In the php.ini file, look for the following lines and uncomment them by removing the semicolon (;) at the beginning if it exists:
;extension=session
;extension=pdo_mysql

After uncommenting, the lines should look like this:
extension=session
extension=pdo_mysql

Save the changes to the php.ini file and exit the text editor.

Restart the web server to apply the changes. You can do this by running the following command:
sudo /etc/init.d/httpd restart

This command may vary depending on the web server software installed on your NAS. If the above command doesn't work, you can try apache2 or nginx instead of httpd.

After restarting the web server, check if the extensions are now active. You can do this by running the following command:
php -m

This command should display a list of active PHP extensions, including session and pdo_mysql if they were successfully activated.

That's it! By following these steps, you should be able to activate the session and PDO MySQL extensions on the web server provided by the TOS Store. Remember to make sure you have the necessary permissions to modify the PHP configuration file and restart the web server.
romeonich

Post by romeonich »

Activating extensions on a web server can vary depending on the server configuration and the specific platform you're using.
However, I'll provide some general guidance I did to activate my LinkedIn navigator extension, that may help you in this situation.

1. Ensure that the PHP version installed on your web server is compatible with the extensions you want to activate. Some extensions may require specific PHP versions or additional dependencies.

2. Confirm that the extensions you require, such as session and PDO MySQL, are available on the TOS Store. If they are not included, you may need to explore alternative options or consult the TOS Store documentation for information on supported extensions.

3. Locate the PHP configuration file (php.ini) for your web server. This file typically contains directives for enabling or disabling extensions. Check if the extensions you need are commented out (lines starting with a semicolon) and uncomment them by removing the semicolon. Save the changes and restart the web server for the modifications to take effect.

4. After restarting the web server, you can verify if the extensions are active by executing the command "php -m" on the TOS server or the terminal/SSH session. This command will list all the active extensions, and you should see the session and PDO MySQL extensions listed if they are successfully activated.

Please note that the specific steps and file locations may vary depending on your web server setup and the TOS Store platform. It's recommended to consult the TOS Store documentation or reach out to their support for more detailed instructions specific to your environment.