How to sync an hard disk to my F2-221?

Backup and restore solutions, issues, experiences
chumbaz

How to sync an hard disk to my F2-221?

Post by chumbaz »

I have a 6TB disk on my pc, and a 6TB disk on my F2-221
how could I sync the PC disk with the 221?
Better: I want that the F2-221 has always a copy of the pc (not the opposite)
it could be a daily update may be
can someone help me to understand how could I do this?

thank you so verymoch to anybody who will help me to understand
ciao
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: How to sync an hard disk to my F2-221?

Post by TMSupport »

Please try with the app AOMEI Backupper in TOS Application center.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Lewis-H

Re: How to sync an hard disk to my F2-221?

Post by Lewis-H »

At the bottom of each drive bay is a latch that will release the tray and allow you to slide it out. This makes it very easy to get your drives installed.

Hard drive sleds are made entirely out of plastic which helps keeping weight of the whole unit to a minimum. F2-221 can support 3.5 and 2.5 inch hard drives. If you are planning to use 2.5 inch hard drive, you must use proper holes to secure hard drives to the sleds. Using SSD drive also an option in F2-221. Screws are used to secure the hard drives to the sleds thus the installation is not toolless and will require at least a Phillips screwdriver.

Officially, the NAS supports drives up to 12TB each which most likely is due to the EXT4 file format used. Bigger drives would exceed the 24TB limitation, at least in theory, but you should still be able to use 12TB drives in a single-drive setup. Whether you want to install 3.5-inch or 2.5-inch drives doesn’t matter either as the drive bays have holes to mount the smaller drives and the NAS comes with all the screws included. It even supports 2.5-inch SSDs, should you want and need that extra performance over capacity. With two drives at our disposal, we have access to RAID 1, RAID 0, JBOD, and single-drive setups. Whether you want redundancy and failover, capacity, or speed – the choice is yours. Match the setup to your needs, as it should be. More capacity can also be added through the USB ports.

One you have your drives install and back in the F2-221 all you have to do is connect it to power and to your network and you are good to go! Press the power button on the front and you are ready to set it up for the first time.