USB Copy has deleted all my files

Backup and restore solutions, issues, experiences
sianderson
Great Britain

Re: USB Copy has deleted all my files

Post by sianderson »

i would have to agree with you when it was set up back in august as I don't remember having to create the folders myself to start with, however this really does not help, it clearly does not create a sub folders now and deletes all folders on the USB with the latest versions

this has happened a number of times now, that for whatever reason its currently in the 2 day process of writing all my data back to the USB (again), I have disabled the smart switch to make sure the USB is permanently connected to see if it happens again

but this is happening without any configuration changes therefore has to be hardware / software causing the issue, even when I have specified the folder to backup to, it seems to have changed them to be the root, when it set up and for a couple of days it will write to /Data as designed, but then something will happen that changes it /

Just for the record this is what my backup task looks like currently, I will update with another picture of what it changes to by itself if the issue occurs again (yes the last backup time issue has already been raised) it was not 08:00 it was 00:00 GMT which is +8 hours China timezone hence it saying 08:00
CaptureTM.PNG
CaptureTM.PNG (7.47 KiB) Viewed 1207 times
F2-210