"Time Machine Backup Verification" fails

Backup and restore solutions, issues, experiences
whomever

"Time Machine Backup Verification" fails

Post by whomever »

Hello, I am having issues with the Time Machine Backup stored in my F5-220 NAS.

The issue is that, although assigning a shared folder to the Time Machine Backup service and starting up the service at the server-side went well, if I verify the backup right after completing to create the first one, the macOS finds out the backup data is unreliable. Then, the OS stops the Time Machine backup and suggests to reset the backup data by again doing the first backup. However, even though I have been deleting the broken backups and re-initialising the sparse-bundle-image many times, I get the same answer that the backup-data is unstable, so should re-initialise the backup data. It happens regardless of at which internal drive in the server the shared-folder-for-the-Time_Machine locates.

Could you give me some advice, please?

All the best!
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: "Time Machine Backup Verification" fails

Post by TMSupport »

Please advise your current TOS version in return.
It's suggested to run the latest TOS version TOS4.1.30.
Please uncheck "Enable Bonjour Broadcast via SMB" and try again.
TimeMachine.jpg
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
whomever

Post by whomever »

Hello, madam/sir, thank you for your reply.

The version of the TOS on my NAS is the latest.

Also, I've set the items in the "Discovery Service" page in the "Control Panel" to be the same as what you showed. Moreover, I checked that the router opens some of the ports towards the NAS through the UPnP.

Now I am again making the first Time Machine backup. Let me see how it will end up.
whomever

Post by whomever »

Hello.

I set the configurations such as "UPnP ON" and "Bonjour via SMB OFF" and then executed the first backup again. The first backup succeeded, however, the saved backup-data could not pass the verification afterwards.

Also, the UPnP once worked so that the router automatically enabled some port forwarding upon the NAS. However, now the router does not do it again. Rebooting the NAS didn't help so far.

Thank you very much for reading, madam/sir.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please advise whether it’s ok to let our engineer has a remote session to check it. Please send an email to support(at)terra-master.com to confirm it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)