How to backup from QNAP NAS to Terramaster F4-210

Backup and restore solutions, issues, experiences
JamesW

How to backup from QNAP NAS to Terramaster F4-210

Post by JamesW »

Hi

Just bought a Terramaster F4-210 to backup large files from my QNAP TS-853A. I can't seem to setup Rsync backup on the Terramaster - all the videos online show a range of backup setup options on TOS backup which don't show on mine - even "backup to usb" is missing! All that shows is "Rsync" with no options for settings, and Time Machine. The QNAP has no problem backing up to other Nas's, usually via Rsync for speed, but I can't for the life of me work out how to configure the TNAS!

Can anyone show me where I am going wrong?

Thanks!
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: How to backup from QNAP NAS to Terramaster F4-210

Post by TMroy »

It is so strange, why your TNAS has no such common features. Would you go to TOS desktop > Applications > Beta, and take a screenshot for me? thank you!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

If you want to backup from QNAP to F4-210 using Rsync backup, you should set your F4-210 as Rsync server first. It's at TOS Control panel - Network services -File services -Rsync Server.
As in module Backup, there are only Rsync backup and Time Machine listed there since TOS4.1 Backup to/from USB has been removed from it, and it has been isolated as an independent app called USB Copy, you can install it from TOS Application center.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Southland

Post by Southland »

Windows 10 has a backup capability built in. It's in Settings -> Update and Security -> Backup. You want the Backup using File History. You can find info on Microsoft web site, or just search the internet for windows 10 file backup articles and videos.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... nd-restore
Southland

Post by Southland »

Ignore my previous post. I had multiple topics open and posted a reply to the wrong one. It seems that I cannot delete a post that I've made.

Sorry.
Lewis-H

Post by Lewis-H »

Create a backup job for your files on a QNAP NAS
To backup the files on your QNAP NAS, select "Backup" and choose either local backup, remote backup, or cloud backup to start creating your backup job.

QNAP
Create a local backup job
To backup your files on the NAS to local folders or external devices, select "Local Backup".

QNAP
Select the source location and backup destination, and click "Apply".

QNAP
If you have created a storage space for your backup job, it should be in the Backup Destination drop-down list and you can select it as your target backup destination.
If you have not created any storage spaces, you can create one on this page. Click "Select Local Storage" and select "< Add Local Storage Space >" to open the "Create Local Storage Space" wizard.

QNAP
Select a folder to be your storage space and click "OK".

QNAP
In this page, you have options to execute the job after you create it by selecting "Backup Now" and the option to enable multi-version backup for it.

QNAP

Create a remote backup job
To backup the files on your NAS to a remote NAS, select "Remote Backup".

QNAP
Select the source location and backup destination, and click "Apply".

QNAP
If you have created a storage space for your backup job, it should be in the Backup Destination drop-down list and you can select it as your target backup destination.
If you have not created any storage spaces, you can create one on this page. Click "Select Remote Storage" and select "< Add Remote Storage Space >" to open the "Create Remote Storage Space" wizard. Please refer to "Create a storage space" for more information.

QNAP
In this page, you have the option to execute the job after you create it by selecting "Backup Now" and the option to enable multi-version backup for it.

QNAP
Note: You must install Hybrid Backup Sync on your remote NAS to enable multi-version backup.

Create a cloud backup job
To backup the files on your NAS to cloud storage, select "Cloud Backup".

QNAP
Select a source location, and for backup destination, please select cloud storage and give a folder name or select an existing folder. Then click "Apply".

QNAP
If you have not created any storage space, you can also create one on this page. Click "Select Cloud Storage" and then select "< Add Cloud Storage Space >" to open a window with cloud services options.

QNAP
Choose a cloud storage provider/supported protocol and click "Next" to open the "Create Cloud Storage Space" wizard. Please refer to "Create a storage space" for further information.