How to backup from QNAP NAS to Terramaster F4-210

Backup and restore solutions, issues, experiences
JamesW

How to backup from QNAP NAS to Terramaster F4-210

Post by JamesW » 20 Jul 2020, 01:49

Hi

Just bought a Terramaster F4-210 to backup large files from my QNAP TS-853A. I can't seem to setup Rsync backup on the Terramaster - all the videos online show a range of backup setup options on TOS backup which don't show on mine - even "backup to usb" is missing! All that shows is "Rsync" with no options for settings, and Time Machine. The QNAP has no problem backing up to other Nas's, usually via Rsync for speed, but I can't for the life of me work out how to configure the TNAS!

Can anyone show me where I am going wrong?

Thanks!

TMroy
Customer Service

Re: How to backup from QNAP NAS to Terramaster F4-210

Post by TMroy » 21 Jul 2020, 00:35

It is so strange, why your TNAS has no such common features. Would you go to TOS desktop > Applications > Beta, and take a screenshot for me? thank you!
To contact our tech team or want a remote session, please email to support(at)terra-master.com

TMSupport
Customer Service

Post by TMSupport » 22 Jul 2020, 11:50

If you want to backup from QNAP to F4-210 using Rsync backup, you should set your F4-210 as Rsync server first. It's at TOS Control panel - Network services -File services -Rsync Server.
As in module Backup, there are only Rsync backup and Time Machine listed there since TOS4.1 Backup to/from USB has been removed from it, and it has been isolated as an independent app called USB Copy, you can install it from TOS Application center.

Southland

Post by Southland » 17 Aug 2020, 11:52

Windows 10 has a backup capability built in. It's in Settings -> Update and Security -> Backup. You want the Backup using File History. You can find info on Microsoft web site, or just search the internet for windows 10 file backup articles and videos.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... nd-restore

Southland

Post by Southland » 17 Aug 2020, 12:16

Ignore my previous post. I had multiple topics open and posted a reply to the wrong one. It seems that I cannot delete a post that I've made.

Sorry.