Backing Up Windows 10 to TOS

Backup and restore solutions, issues, experiences
titanrx8

Backing Up Windows 10 to TOS

Post by titanrx8 »

I've been using the F2-221 for over a year and have no issues with manually copying files and directories to NAS and restoring them as needed manually.

I have also been using the Windows 10 Backup to push a weekly disk image to the NAS.

I can also successfully restore user files from the disk image on the NAS using the Windows Restore function.

However, when I checked to see if I could restore the Windows 10 system from the NAS and attempted to initiate a system restore of the backed-up system image, it returned an error that the image was stored on an encrypted drive and wouldn't be restored.

Is it possible to back-up the system drive for Windows 10 onto TOS and then restore it?

If not, is there a recommended third party software which will accomplish this?

Thank you.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Backing Up Windows 10 to TOS

Post by TMSupport »

Please install Aomei Backupper from TOS application center, it will be installed on your computer, and could backup your Windows system to TNAS.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

Aomei is installed on the desktop computer? It is not installed on the NAS?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Yes, AOMEI backupper is an app for Windows.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

Thanks.

Will Aomei be able to backup the windows image on the encrypted BTRFS file system. The failures that I have with the native windows backup is with the OS image not able to use the encrypted destination. There haven't been issues with backing up non-system files with the native Windows backup.

Also, is there a way to backup TNAS including the system. Using RAID 1 on F2-221? Can I clone one of the drives to a USB drive? How?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

All the data in your drive could be cloned to your external drive, not the TOS system.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)