Duple Backup very slow USB backup F4-423

Duple Backup has powerful backup and restore functions, and is a disaster recovery tool designed to strengthen the data security of TNAS devices. To prevent data loss due to TNAS device hardware failure or system failure, through Duple Backup's intuitive user menu, you can back up important folders or iSCSI LUNs in TNAS to multiple destinations (such as remote TNAS devices, file servers, or cloud disks) ), and supports multiple backup strategies of incremental backup and multi-version backup. The backup and restore process is very simple and intuitive, and can quickly restore lost data in the event of a device failure.
PatientSteve

Duple Backup very slow USB backup F4-423

Post by PatientSteve »

I have an F4-423 with a 9Tb TRAID BTRFS setup of 2 x 4Tb and 2 x 3Tb 3.5" HDDs, this is connected by the original supplied USB cable to a D5-300 which has 3 x 3Tb and 2 x 2Tb 3.5" HDDs as a JBOD formatted as BTRFS.
I am using newly installed Duple Backup to do a Hybrid backup scheduled to run monthly. The backup of the first folder from the NAS (my Movies folder) which is 6.5Tb in size has completed in very nearly six days. I set it to compress the files which I would assume would slow it down, but this seems very slow indeed. When checking up on the process the copy rate seemed to hover around 10 - 12Mb only.
It's now backing up my TV Shows folder. I assume the next months backup will be incremental only so will hopefully not do another six day copy.
Can anyone help or is this about right?
Thanks.