TNAS re-initialized

Backup and restore solutions, issues, experiences
bosoro

TNAS re-initialized

Post by bosoro »

At some point over the weekend, it seems the TNAS device has reset itself to factory default. I haven't upgraded the device in 90+ days, and have not restarted it in at least as long. When I log into the TNAS; it is walking me through an initialization page, aka creating volumes, etc.

Please help; as all my data is/was on those hard drives and it seems now that it has been erased and unvailable
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: TNAS re-initialized

Post by TMroy »

The file systems on your drives may be corrupt. Please follow the troubleshooting: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=2575&p=13904#p13904
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bosoro

Post by bosoro »

Hi!

Thank you for the link to the detailed repair post. I can't SSH to the TNAS as I get the following error:

"ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.10 port 9222: Connection refused"

If I go through the initialization setup wizard through the webpage; will I still be able to follow the repair steps you had shared, or will too much data be over-written?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Normally, reinstalling the TOS will not delete the data, but if you encounter a prompt to create a storage pool or initialize RAID after setting up an administrator account, please do not continue. You can contact our tech team for assistance.
After reinstalling the TOS, please go to Control Panel - Terminal and enable SSH, follow the link to repair the file system.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)