Backup-functionality is missing?

Backup and restore solutions, issues, experiences
markusn

Backup-functionality is missing?

Post by markusn »

Hi all,
just upgraded my F2-220 to version 4.1.21 and I am not able to find the option to backup my data to USB. At the help documentation they say something like a "Backup-Manager" would be available at TOS Desktop - but unfortunately I am not able to find that.
Please advise!
Thanks and regards
Markus
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Backup-functionality is missing?

Post by TMroy »

This service has been moved to an independent app called USB Copy.
Please install this app from application center. The TOS help document will be updated soon.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
trick80

Post by trick80 »

Hi!

I (and I think many others) would really like the USB backup functionality returned to the backup app, at least until the new app is out of beta. This is a HUGE issue to not have a non-beta USB backup option available. This is a basic offering of any modern NAS system.

I have been trying to get USB Copy App to back up one of my folders, it keeps hanging at 49GB (of 79GB). There is no log entry that I can find, and further if I initiate a standard copy/paste between volumes (manually) it transfers fine (except for the progress bar making it to over 110% before it was finished).

Please restore this KEY functionality into the BACKUP app.
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

You don’t happen to have CLAM Antivirus installed on the nas drive as well do you?

As I’m thinking this was causing my USB backup issue, but as soon as I uninstalled it then the backups went through without any problems
F2-210