Rsync backups keep reenabling NFS & FTP services

Backup and restore solutions, issues, experiences
crisisacting

Rsync backups keep reenabling NFS & FTP services

Post by crisisacting »

Have a F4-220 on 4.2.28 and since the recent exploits on NASes, have manually disabled the FTP & NFS services on the unit.

However, have noticed that each time a rsync backup occurs, both of these services become reenabled on the unit as soon as the rsync starts.

As these backups run daily, having to disable these services everyday will become tedious quickly.

Is this something that can be out-of-band patched?
titanrx8

Re: Rsync backups keep reenabling NFS & FTP services

Post by titanrx8 »

Strange, my f2-221 running TOS x.28 also time rsync backups daily but ftp doesn't re-enable. I've had nfs enabled but I'll shut out down and see how that behaves. My f2-221 also does daily reboots so maybe that's the difference.

I haven't really worried too much because my nas has no internet connection except briefly when ever I need to update TOS or an app.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}crisisacting

Hi! The phenomenon you described cannot be reproduced. Maybe it is not caused by the rsync service. You can check which programs are running, and we will further verify.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

{L_BUTTON_AT}crisisacting
TMSupport wrote: 09 Feb 2022, 17:13 Hi! The phenomenon you described cannot be reproduced. Maybe it is not caused by the rsync service. You can check which programs are running, and we will further verify.
Only apps installed are USB Copy (not currently in use) & Snapshots (actively taking snapshots of an encrypted shared folder), everything else is just the built-in services. Will check running apps when rsync executes its daily backup. The F4-220 was updated to 4.2.28 prior to initial configuration, so from a clean slate.