"allusers" have more rights than "admin

Permissions, Users, Uear groups, shared folders, LDAP/domain
Hardfecx

"allusers" have more rights than "admin

Post by Hardfecx »

Hi,

I checked yesterday all my backups on the usb disks ans saw that some Folders where only copied at half or only 4MB instead of 30GB.
The I checked the users and "allUsers" have more rights that the admin. The admin has no rights to write on the usb Disks but allusers have (see both screenshots).
All the backups wich were not fully copied were done wit the user "guest" but I was only logged in with admin on TOS.

May someone explain me that?
Thank you a lot.
Attachments
allusers.JPG
admin.JPG
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: "allusers" have more rights than "admin

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
Thanks for your feedback. This is an error on the front-end page of the user group permissions. There is no problem in viewing the corresponding permissions in the shared folder and users. The system defaults that the administrator has read and write permissions for USB devices, but ordinary users do not.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

TMSupport wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 18:29 Hi!
Thanks for your feedback. This is an error on the front-end page of the user group permissions. There is no problem in viewing the corresponding permissions in the shared folder and users. The system defaults that the administrator has read and write permissions for USB devices, but ordinary users do not.
Will there get a fix?
I had another folder on wich i was registrated as "root"... I don't know why?
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

Hardfecx wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 23:21
TMSupport wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 18:29 Hi! The system defaults that the administrator has read and write permissions for USB devices, but ordinary users do not.
Will there get a fix?
I had another folder on wich i was registrated as "root"... I don't know why?
They have but copy only the half of the complete source....
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
What is the file system of the USB device? Which backup method are you using? What is the size of the file to be backed up? Has the backup task been completed? Is it just a problem with this backup task?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

TMSupport wrote: 09 Nov 2021, 10:00 Hi!
What is the file system of the USB device? Which backup method are you using? What is the size of the file to be backed up? Has the backup task been completed? Is it just a problem with this backup task?
That are different files in different folders. yes, it show successfull but had copied only the half (for example I have Series of 700GB but he copied just 355GB.
But for the programm it was successful. I use USB Copy as software.
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

Hardfecx wrote: 09 Nov 2021, 17:12
That are different files in different folders. yes, it show successfull but had copied only the half (for example I have Series of 700GB but he copied just 355GB.
Same here. The complete directory trees are created on the target USB drive but only files at the top level are copied. All lower level folders are empty. Even though the task reports successful completion. Happens on disks formatted ext4 or exfat.
Hardfecx

Re: "allusers" have more rights than "admin"

Post by Hardfecx »

titanrx8 wrote: 10 Nov 2021, 04:23
Hardfecx wrote: 09 Nov 2021, 17:12
Same here. The complete directory trees are created on the target USB drive but only files at the top level are copied. All lower level folders are empty. Even though the task reports successful completion. Happens on disks formatted ext4 or exfat.
exactly what i mean, the subfolders are created but empty.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Which version of USB Copy is installed?
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

TMSupport wrote: 10 Nov 2021, 17:37 Which version of USB Copy is installed?
the latest version was installed, even uninstalles, restarted the nas and reinstalled USB Copy but no changes...

Return to “Privileges”