If my Tnas f4-210 dies, can I take the drive and plug it into my windows PC to get the files?

Backup and restore solutions, issues, experiences
MilesThatch

If my Tnas f4-210 dies, can I take the drive and plug it into my windows PC to get the files?

Post by MilesThatch »

Good day.

We had a NAS scare this week. We were not able to log into the NAS and get the files. The issue was resolved a few days later by setting a new IP address but this got me thinking. If my Tnas does die - can we plug the drive directly to a windows machine or USB drive adapter and get the files off it? Or do we need to buy a new Tnas?
Hardfecx

Re: If my Tnas f4-210 dies, can I take the drive and plug it into my windows PC to get the files?

Post by Hardfecx »

Have you a Raid running. <raid1 seems for me to work to get the data on a windows machine. Raid 5 or 6, I don't know
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: If my Tnas f4-210 dies, can I take the drive and plug it into my windows PC to get the files?

Post by TMroy »

installing a third-party software on your windows PC can help to read your data stored on ext4 or btrfs file system drives.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)