USB Copy doesn't copy sub-folders

Backup and restore solutions, issues, experiences
titanrx8

USB Copy doesn't copy sub-folders

Post by titanrx8 »

I have 2 x f2-221. The primary server is the active NAS providing storage and backups for the rest of the network devices. The second NAS is the rsync destination for the primary share and daily backups have worked correctly.

Periodically I backup the second NAS to an external USB drive using USB Copy. The task was created to copy the entire share which has a multilevel folder structure. When I check the contents of the USB drive, the entire folder structure is correct but sometimes the subfolders are empty. Some of the trees are correct all the way to the lowest folder, other trees are empty except for the highest level or two.

Is there a way to get every level of the entire share copied? These are my off site backups and need them to be complete.

Thanks.
Hardfecx

Re: USB Copy doesn't copy sub-folders

Post by Hardfecx »

Sorry to ask that, but do you have enough space on the other nas?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

It looks like the task is not completed. Have you checked whether your copy task shows completion?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

TMRyan wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 07:44 It looks like the task is not completed. Have you checked whether your copy task shows completion?
The task shows as complete in the log. It has shown as complete every time that I have run the task. I discovered that the folders were empty when I did a comparison of the source and target trees.
TMAY

Post by TMAY »

Hi! Which backup method is used and whether usbcopy is the latest version?
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

Hardfecx wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 02:05 Sorry to ask that, but do you have enough space on the other nas?
I'm copying less than 150gb to an empty 6tb drive.