Centralized Backup

Centralized Backup is a professional disaster recovery tool specially developed for business users. By using Centralized Backup, company IT managers can use TNAS as the central backup server, without having to configure each host separately, and use TNAS as the initiator to centrally back up the storage space of internal employee computers, workstations, servers, virtual machines, or even is the system partition.
JayBlingham

Centralized Backup

Post by JayBlingham »

This looks like it's exactly what I'm looking for, but I have a few comments:

1. Some of the dialog buttons (YES/NO) are not in English.
2. Backup (at least on my Win 10 device) seems to be limited to full drive (C, D, E etc) backup. While this could be useful, it would be better if I could select specific folders for backup.
3. When I tested a backup of Drive C, it created an image file that was the same size as my disk (512GB approx.). I would expect instead that it should only be the size of the used space on my drive.

So far, everything else worked perfectly. The agent connected to the TNAS without issue, and I was able to select a backup location where it created a "Centralized Backup" folder to back up into. This is the great beginnings of a very useful backup suite. I'm looking forward to trying it again if we can customize the backup task to back up certain folders.

Thanks!
Jay
Jay
---------------------------------------
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Centralized Backup

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! Thanks for your suggestions. We are improving the first suggestion, and the other two points need to be discussed.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
JayBlingham

Post by JayBlingham »

Thank you! At the very least it would be good to be able to set up backup exclusions. A lot of different software require you to exclude specific paths from being backed up as it can cause their software to crash or malfunction if backed up while the software is active. That would essentially serve the same purpose. An example of software that has to have exclusions implemented is Microsoft Exchange (most Microsoft products actually). If you google Backup Exclusions List you'll see that there are many lists for many pieces of software.

Thanks!
Jay
Jay
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

thank you for your shares.

we are going to release a new version of this app with latest TOS 5 shortly.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Centralized Backup”