Root password lost after TOS upgrade

Backup and restore solutions, issues, experiences
zuc

Root password lost after TOS upgrade

Post by zuc »

Hello,

it seems the update to TOS 4.2.13 messed up with my F2-421's root account... Since I installed it I had a lot of issues with my Plex installation (had to reset the whole thing) and when I tried to connect via SSH as root , I discovered I cannot connect with user admin's password (it gets refused/I get asked for the password again).

Therefore I tried to connect via SSH directly as admin, and it works: however, when I try to use the sudo -i command I get this error:

Code: Select all

sudo: /usr/bin/sudo must be owned by uid 0 and have the setuid bit set
How do I fix this? Is there any setting I must enable to be able to login as root?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: also, why my model (F2-421) is no longer listed as product in the products page (https://www.terra-master.com/us/product ... s-nas.html), and I can't even select it in the downloads page (https://support.terra-master.com/download/?lng=en)??? I expect it to be AT LEAST still supported, I bought it less than a year ago!

edit: corrected model, added request for F2-421 update
zuc

Re: Root password lost after TOS upgrade

Post by zuc »

Nevermind, I checked the updates for the F4-420 model (which I assume is more or less the same as my F4-421 8-) ) and it's been fixed in the latest TOS update (4.2.14) - I just tried it, and it works: I am once again able to log in as root.

However, I would still like my model to be correctly listed in the products and downloads pages... :twisted:
Thanks.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Root password lost after TOS upgrade

Post by TMSupport »

Hi, thanks for the feedback. The download packages are totally the same for F4-420 and F4-421. While F4-421 is listed under download page too.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)