Root password lost after TOS upgrade

The discussion here is limited to topics related to the system update itself. Please post the functional issues after the system update to the corresponding other forums.
zuc

Root password lost after TOS upgrade

Post by zuc »

Hello,

it seems the update to TOS 4.2.13 messed up with my F2-421's root account... Since I installed it I had a lot of issues with my Plex installation (had to reset the whole thing) and when I tried to connect via SSH as root , I discovered I cannot connect with user admin's password (it gets refused/I get asked for the password again).

Therefore I tried to connect via SSH directly as admin, and it works: however, when I try to use the sudo -i command I get this error:

Code: Select all

sudo: /usr/bin/sudo must be owned by uid 0 and have the setuid bit set
How do I fix this? Is there any setting I must enable to be able to login as root?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: also, why my model (F2-421) is no longer listed as product in the products page (https://www.terra-master.com/us/product ... s-nas.html), and I can't even select it in the downloads page (https://support.terra-master.com/download/?lng=en)??? I expect it to be AT LEAST still supported, I bought it less than a year ago!

edit: corrected model, added request for F2-421 update
zuc

Re: Root password lost after TOS upgrade

Post by zuc »

Nevermind, I checked the updates for the F4-420 model (which I assume is more or less the same as my F4-421 8-) ) and it's been fixed in the latest TOS update (4.2.14) - I just tried it, and it works: I am once again able to log in as root.

However, I would still like my model to be correctly listed in the products and downloads pages... :twisted:
Thanks.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Root password lost after TOS upgrade

Post by TMSupport »

Hi, thanks for the feedback. The download packages are totally the same for F4-420 and F4-421. While F4-421 is listed under download page too.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “System Update”