Time Machine Error BACKUP DISK DOES NOT SUPPORT THE REQUIRED CAPABILITIES

Backup and restore solutions, issues, experiences
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Time Machine Error BACKUP DISK DOES NOT SUPPORT THE REQUIRED CAPABILITIES

Post by TMSupport »

Firstly make sure the SMB, AFP file service and Bonjour service have been enabled on the control panel.

Secondly, you need to enabled the Time machine backup from "Backup" on TOS desktop, and set a backup shared folder to your backup task.

At last, before you doing a Time Machine backup, go to Go > connect to server, connect to your nas service via AFP file service.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ninjaadmin

Post by ninjaadmin »

i have the ans for this problem, i was having the same identical issue, this is how it worked for me:

you just have to use Afp://192.168.1.x

x is the address of your machine.

once you make the network drive on your mac DONT USE SMB://192.168.1.x , since time machine will not recognize it.

go to the settings on your time machine and your network drive will be there to be used.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

ninjaadmin wrote: 05 Nov 2020, 14:23 i have the ans for this problem, i was having the same identical issue, this is how it worked for me:

you just have to use Afp://192.168.1.x

x is the address of your machine.

once you make the network drive on your mac DONT USE SMB://192.168.1.x , since time machine will not recognize it.

go to the settings on your time machine and your network drive will be there to be used.
In most cases this really works.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
SCX

Post by SCX »

I have the very same issue. I really hope this can be fixed. Any luck guys?