F2-220 Failure

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
twoeyesofblue

F2-220 Failure

Post by twoeyesofblue »

I have been running the F2-220 for almost 3 years now without a flaw. Last week I noticed plex not finding the NAS. When I checked on it I discovered the Green and Red LEDs on solid. I powered down the box and restarted with the same results. After reading FAQ, I removed and reinserted drives while the unit was on and the same results. In all situations, I could not ping the box or talk to it with TNAS. Removing power cable, waiting a couple minutes and reinserting and restarting with the same procedures also resulted in the same.

I ordered and received today an F2-221. Using the same power supply, LAN cable and drives it started and booted up no problems. Thank god I did not lose 4TB of data, That made me happy but I am concerned that getting a NAS that will not outlast the drives is scary to me.

1. I hate using the F2-220 for spare parts. Can I get a replacement main board or this box repaired that is not like spending for another complete NAS. I am technical enough to swap out boards etc.

2. Anyone else had this problem with no so long term failures? This box is backed by a dedicated UPS so no power bumps or outages until this one.

Thanks,
Dan
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: F2-220 Failure

Post by TMSupport »

Hi, please send us your Amazon order number of F2-220 and F2-221, you can contact us at support@terra-master.com. I will transfer your information to our Amazon coordinate to see if any discount could be offered for the new F2-221.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
RainerZim

Post by RainerZim »

Have the same failure,
My F2-220 is from August 2017 (bought by noontec).
Today I installed a new router and for this I got new network configuration. So I rebooted the F2-220 and since then there is no more network connection. The leds on the ethernet coonector does not go on or flash, even the lan1 led in the front panel.
I think there must be some failure on the main board.
I'm also good enough in IT for changing a mother board if I can get a replacement.

Thanks,
Rainer
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Hi Rainer,
The device board failure just because of replacing a new router? It does not make sense. The LAN led stay off which means the network connection is totally disconnected. so please check and make sure your network and cables are connected properly.

How about the power and drive led? they are on or flashing?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Am0310

Post by Am0310 »

I’ve had exactly the same problem today.

F2-220 running ok since Feb 2018.
Today I noticed it could not be connected to or found via any network means. On checking the unit, all lights (power, Lan (front & back), hdd1&2) were permanently on.

After rebooting the unit, the HDDs were not detected and the no LAN connection could be made.

I have tried the reinstall procedure outlined elsewhere on the forum but at no point is there any LAN connectivity. HDD lights also are permanently red now. Switching cables and hub ports has no effect (plus they work fine for other devices)

What else can I do?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Please write an email to our tech team and ask for help: support(at)terra-master.com
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)