Can't connect to the Server

Discuss or report issues regarding TOS updates or beta releases
Charlton

Can't connect to the Server

Post by Charlton » 22 Oct 2020, 22:46

TOS 4 on my iMac recommended that I run the TOS 4 software update. This was run. Now I can't connect to the Server. I have no idea what to do to get back my NAS connection.

TMS

Re: Can't connect to the Server

Post by TMS » 22 Oct 2020, 22:57

Can you tell me your NAS model and TOS version before upgrade?
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @

Charlton

Post by Charlton » 23 Oct 2020, 01:51

Thank you. I have a F2-221 NAS 2bay Cloud Storage Intel Dual Core 2.0GHz Plex Media Server Network Storage. I have no idea what version of TOS it was before upgrad, how would I find out?

TMSupport
Customer Service

Post by TMSupport » 23 Oct 2020, 10:46

Please reinstall your TOS to fix it, see the instructions below:
Please be advised the TOS reinstallation would not erase your data unless you encounter B below.

Power off the NAS, take out the HDD’s, power on the NAS.
Search the NAS IP address by the TNAS PC App, click on the located IP address and click "Login"
When it says no HDD detected, keep the NAS powered on and install your HDD
Next
When it asks if you’d like to install TOS already in the HDD or install new TOS, please select “Install new TOS”. And here there is a message saying the data in the hard drives would be lost, please ignore it, your data won’t be lost by confirming “Yes” to proceed here.
Next
Please download the installation package of TOS4.1.27 from this link http://dl.terra-master.com/cn/TOS_S2.0_ ... 301431.ins and choose “Manually download and install TOS”
Set your password and time zone

After that, there are two possibilities:
A. You may be directed to the log in page, please go ahead to log in.

B. You may be directed to the RAID creating page, please STOP here and close the window immediately. Please get back to us, and we will need to remote-in to check.

After the TOS reinstallation, to ensure you can see the data in your hard drives, please check the following:

1. Please ensure the admin user has the R/W permission to the shared folders.
Please go to TOS Control Panel – Privileges – User – select the user and Edit – Permission

2. Please ensure the shared folder’s R/W permission is authorized to the user:
Please go to TOS Control Panel – Privileges – Shared Folder – select the shared folder and Edit – please check in User permission and Group permission accordingly.

3. If you are still unable to see the data, please go to TOS Control Panel – Privileges – Shared Folder – Advanced – Restore to
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @

Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker » 27 Oct 2020, 22:52

Can you access the login screen? If not do you know the IP address of the NAS? If not, then download a tool like Lanscan (from Mac App Store) or Fing (iOS App Store), then go to Safari, Chrome or whatever browser you use and type in the IP address into the address bar. (The apps below, will at least let you know if the NAS is on your network ).

Do you see the login screen now?

Do you use a fixed IP address or DHCP for your NAS?

I'm sorry if you already understand al this, in my experience it is best not to assume anything.

Judsk79

Post by Judsk79 » 12 Nov 2020, 22:14

I have a NAS Terramaster F2-210 and I upgraded the TOS to version 4.1.32.
After the update I was unable to access shared folders and users.
So I decided to restore the factory settings keeping the data on the disc.
When I restarted the NAS, I was unable to access the system configuration although TNAS PC recognizes the NAS and assigns an IP, but when I try to log in to access the NAS home page, this error always appears (attachment).
The device is also not found on the local network and in the windows explorer.
What should I do to reconfigure access to the NAS without losing data on the hard drives?
Attachments
NAS Page.JPG
NAS Page.JPG (16.03 KiB) Viewed 177 times
TNAS PC.png

TMS

Post by TMS » 12 Nov 2020, 22:51

Please try to unplug the hard drive and boot up when the hard drive is not inserted.

Judsk79

Post by Judsk79 » 12 Nov 2020, 22:54

ok, i will try later when i get home and then give feedback
thanks

Judsk79

Post by Judsk79 » 13 Nov 2020, 06:10

I tried but still can't access the NAS configuration page

TMSupport
Customer Service

Post by TMSupport » 13 Nov 2020, 11:16

Please reinstall your TOS to fix it, see the instructions below:
Please be advised the TOS reinstallation would not erase your data unless you encounter B below.

Power off the NAS, take out the HDD’s, power on the NAS.
Search the NAS IP address by the TNAS PC App, click on the located IP address and click "Login"
When it says no HDD detected, keep the NAS powered on and install your HDD
Next
When it asks if you’d like to install TOS already in the HDD or install new TOS, please select “Install new TOS”. And here there is a message saying the data in the hard drives would be lost, please ignore it, your data won’t be lost by confirming “Yes” to proceed here.
Next
auto download and install TOS
Set your password and time zone

After that, there are two possibilities:
A. You may be directed to the log in page, please go ahead to log in.

B. You may be directed to the RAID creating page, please STOP here and close the window immediately. Please get back to us, and we will need to remote-in to check.

After the TOS reinstallation, to ensure you can see the data in your hard drives, please check the following:

1. Please ensure the admin user has the R/W permission to the shared folders.
Please go to TOS Control Panel – Privileges – User – select the user and Edit – Permission

2. Please ensure the shared folder’s R/W permission is authorized to the user:
Please go to TOS Control Panel – Privileges – Shared Folder – select the shared folder and Edit – please check in User permission and Group permission accordingly.

3. If you are still unable to see the data, please go to TOS Control Panel – Privileges – Shared Folder – Advanced – Restore to