Cant log onto TOS after update

Discuss or report issues regarding TOS updates or beta releases
NYPHOTOGUY

Cant log onto TOS after update

Post by NYPHOTOGUY » 24 Aug 2020, 07:55

I have a terra master F4-220
I had the original software that canoe with it. every time I tried to update it quit after 50%. so when this new update 4.1.30 came out I downloaded it from the website and tried to update it. now I can no longer log into the TOS. I can do file transfer but 2 drives aren't showing up

I've read on here to take out the hard drives and reinstall the software. I tried doing that and it hasn't helped I still can't log on I don't want to make a new install because its said my hard rives will be deleted

max_filippi

Re: Cant log onto TOS after update

Post by max_filippi » 24 Aug 2020, 22:21

Hi,
I got same problem!
I can login with telnet, I still have access to my data but I can't login after TOS update 4.1.30

Bye,
Max

TMroy
Customer Service

Post by TMroy » 24 Aug 2020, 22:44

Please write an email to support team: support(at)terra-master.com and ask for an remote session.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @

TMSupport
Customer Service

Post by TMSupport » 25 Aug 2020, 11:33

Please reinstall your TOS to fix it, Please refer to this post and follow the instructions of Method 2 viewtopic.php?f=75&t=423
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @

NYPHOTOGUY

Post by NYPHOTOGUY » 28 Aug 2020, 08:47

I updated the way the instructions mandated and all my data is gone but I see the hard drive space used as if it was still there but not accessible

TMroy
Customer Service

Post by TMroy » 29 Aug 2020, 00:44

Please write an email to our support team: support(at)terra-master.com and ask for remote session.

TMSupport
Customer Service

Post by TMSupport » 01 Sep 2020, 12:11

After the TOS reinstallation, to ensure you can see the data in your hard drives, please check the following:

1. Please ensure the admin user has the R/W permission to the shared folders.
Please go to TOS Control Panel – Privileges – User – select the user and Edit – Permission

2. Please ensure the shared folder’s R/W permission is authorized to the user:
Please go to TOS Control Panel – Privileges – Shared Folder – select the shared folder and Edit – please check in User permission and Group permission accordingly.

3. If you are still unable to see the data, please go to TOS Control Panel – Privileges – Shared Folder – Advanced – Restore to

NYPHOTOGUY

Post by NYPHOTOGUY » 14 Sep 2020, 02:09

thank you so much the r/ w permission was the issue I know can see all my files

. Please ensure the admin user has the R/W permission to the shared folders.
Please go to TOS Control Panel – Privileges – User – select the user and Edit – Permission