TOS 4.1.30 is released for update

Discuss or report issues regarding TOS updates or beta releases
User avatar
yorch
Posts: 46
Joined: 07 May 2020, 01:28

Re: TOS 4.1.30 is released for update

Post by yorch » 11 Oct 2020, 20:24

scoobyfizz wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 14:22
yorch wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 05:05
RonnyK wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 03:40



The best and easy way is to use an ssh client then copy that file from etc.default/smbftpd to etc/smbftpd
I'm a bit clumsy with this from ssh. I enter from cmd and little else.
I've seen Putty used, but I don't know how to get the list of directories or files. I've tried looking for tutorials, but it's a lot of trouble for me.
is there any way for the interface to be like windows file explorer, where you see the file path, where you copy and paste to overwrite?
If some volunteer, to guide me step by step, if not it is too much trouble. or a screen recording and so I follow the same steps and commands ...

Greetings and sorry for my clumsiness.
I have found this with the Terramaster which is very annoying. all the answers to things seem to involve doing something with SSH. I know nothing about linux, ssh etc. This NAS is slowly becoming a box sat in the corner gathering dust... it is working, but only just with issues left right and centre...

please give answers that people can understand.. as above I would not have a clue how to copy x to Y in SSH so you can understand why poeple are very put off by this.

I agree with you on everything. You cannot allow each version to have different problems. This is not serious.
I got here.
My next step will be to return or sell my second hand f2-221. This is a crazy firmware version.
There is NOT a version that works these three things correctly. There is NO version that works for password file sharing, disk hibernation, FTP AND SFTP (essential in a nas).
I have not found a version of so many that there are, that the above works and that everything works in the same version.
Hardware is fine, but software screwed EVERYTHING. I'm sick of listening to spinning discs and haven't used the NAS for hours.
My patience with this NAS has come this far, the last thing and I can't forgive it is that in the latest versions, FTP / SFTP doesn't work.
As in the next final version, password sharing, disk hibernation, FTP / SFTP do not work properly, I sell NAS and buy a Synology. It is not worth saving a little money and having so much trouble.
I wait for the final version 4.2.X, to take my last steps with this NAS. It's already decided.

Greetings to all.
F2-221

User avatar
TMroy
Customer Service
Posts: 821
Joined: 10 Mar 2020, 14:04

Re: TOS 4.1.30 is released for update

Post by TMroy » 11 Oct 2020, 20:57

yorch wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 20:24
I agree with you on everything. You cannot allow each version to have different problems. This is not serious.
I got here.
My next step will be to return or sell my second hand f2-221. This is a crazy firmware version.
There is NOT a version that works these three things correctly. There is NO version that works for password file sharing, disk hibernation, FTP AND SFTP (essential in a nas).
I have not found a version of so many that there are, that the above works and that everything works in the same version.
Hardware is fine, but software screwed EVERYTHING. I'm sick of listening to spinning discs and haven't used the NAS for hours.
My patience with this NAS has come this far, the last thing and I can't forgive it is that in the latest versions, FTP / SFTP doesn't work.
As in the next final version, password sharing, disk hibernation, FTP / SFTP do not work properly, I sell NAS and buy a Synology. It is not worth saving a little money and having so much trouble.
I wait for the final version 4.2.X, to take my last steps with this NAS. It's already decided.

Greetings to all.
FTP working very well on my device F2-221 with TOS 4.1.30, do you need TerraMaster tech team to check for you what happened in your device?
Why not?
ftp.png
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @

User avatar
yorch
Posts: 46
Joined: 07 May 2020, 01:28

Re: TOS 4.1.30 is released for update

Post by yorch » 11 Oct 2020, 22:32

TMroy wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 20:57
yorch wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 20:24
I agree with you on everything. You cannot allow each version to have different problems. This is not serious.
I got here.
My next step will be to return or sell my second hand f2-221. This is a crazy firmware version.
There is NOT a version that works these three things correctly. There is NO version that works for password file sharing, disk hibernation, FTP AND SFTP (essential in a nas).
I have not found a version of so many that there are, that the above works and that everything works in the same version.
Hardware is fine, but software screwed EVERYTHING. I'm sick of listening to spinning discs and haven't used the NAS for hours.
My patience with this NAS has come this far, the last thing and I can't forgive it is that in the latest versions, FTP / SFTP doesn't work.
As in the next final version, password sharing, disk hibernation, FTP / SFTP do not work properly, I sell NAS and buy a Synology. It is not worth saving a little money and having so much trouble.
I wait for the final version 4.2.X, to take my last steps with this NAS. It's already decided.

Greetings to all.
FTP working very well on my device F2-221 with TOS 4.1.30, do you need TerraMaster tech team to check for you what happened in your device?
Why not?
ftp.png

Yes, in this version ftp works, but the other two functions do not, sharing files with password does not work and it does not hibernate hard drives.
depending on which version I have used, one thing or another failed, or all.
I use to share files with colleagues and not put a password on them, it is an incredible security flaw. Later, tired of listening to nas, when I have not used it for hours, hibernation does not work, and in this version, the only thing that works is ftp / sftp.
I have tested beta 4.2.X, and the only thing that works is sharing with a password, neither ftp / sft nor disk hibernation works.
The hi-government, for domestic / small office use, is important not to disturb the noise at home, especially at night, and to extend the useful life of hard drives, but I have not yet found a version of all that works .
This is completely a software disaster.
And we don't even talk about the android application. The application for 4.1.x is very limited in options, but the new application for 4.2.x, is that it is not a beta, it is an alpha at most, not half of the options work.

After having tried, and a lot, most versions, I will wait for the latest version. otherwise, it will be sold second-hand, and I will not recommend this product, because they are incapable of making software at the height of the hardware.

I am not very demanding in terms of options, as I am a home / small office user, but the options, which are basic in a nas, do not work ...
F2-221

User avatar
TMroy
Customer Service
Posts: 821
Joined: 10 Mar 2020, 14:04

Re: TOS 4.1.30 is released for update

Post by TMroy » 11 Oct 2020, 23:08

Buddy, the 4.2.x is still in beta, welcome to report us any issue you found.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @

User avatar
yorch
Posts: 46
Joined: 07 May 2020, 01:28

Re: TOS 4.1.30 is released for update

Post by yorch » 12 Oct 2020, 00:04

TMroy wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 23:08
Buddy, the 4.2.x is still in beta, welcome to report us any issue you found.
I know that it is a beta, but even if it is a beta of a nas and that ftp does not go, it is like making the design of a square wheel.
We are not talking about the automatic emptying of the trash not working, we are talking about ftp in a nas, something basic and fundamental, one of the pillars for which a nas is bought.
But ignoring that it is a beta, the rest of the final versions are not free of numerous errors. errors, which according to user needs are important, such as hibernation, shared password, because there are times when you share sensitive information, memory usage failures, etc. they are failures one after another.
The hardware is the best, but honestly, the person in charge of the software, if it were my company, that man, would be fired at once. Because for my part, and those around me, we will never buy Terramaster again.
Greetings.
F2-221

User avatar
yorch
Posts: 46
Joined: 07 May 2020, 01:28

Re: TOS 4.1.30 is released for update

Post by yorch » 12 Oct 2020, 00:19

And after having ventured, because I see that I have a piece of equipment that does not suit my needs, (and from what I see in the forums, I am not the only one), because of the software, I will wait for the next final version.
Although I have already decided to change nas. I don't spend money on a nas, to be fighting with the software and report bug after bug and do your job. Is there really someone in your company testing versions and models of nas? There should be someone testing option by option, all the models you have in stock. don't wait for the end user to report bugs.

After all this, I just wanted to expose, which is why this brand does not seem recommended. I will wait for the next final version, there will be no more time.
F2-221

User avatar
JayBlingham
Posts: 72
Joined: 04 Oct 2020, 10:34

Re: TOS 4.1.30 is released for update

Post by JayBlingham » 12 Oct 2020, 01:00

In my opinion, which you’re more than welcome to ignore, I think you’re being a bit unfair to the Terramaster team.

Terramaster makes betas available for testing. Betas are not meant to be fully functional, final release quality. They are for you to kick the tires, in a NON CRITICAL/PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT, so that you can report issues and help the development process. FTP isn’t working? Ok, report it and go back to the last supported release where it is working, until the beta is corrected or ready to be fully released.

Bottom line, again my opinion, If you want things to be fully stable all the time, stay away from Betas. Stick with fully supported releases, and then when they don’t work - then you can officially complain, and work directly with support to get it fixed. All I see is Terramaster trying their best to support the community, which is more than I can say for a lot of other brands out there.
Jay
---------------------------------------
F5-221, 4.2.06-2011031752
---------------------------------------

User avatar
yorch
Posts: 46
Joined: 07 May 2020, 01:28

Re: TOS 4.1.30 is released for update

Post by yorch » 12 Oct 2020, 01:47

JayBlingham wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 01:00
In my opinion, which you’re more than welcome to ignore, I think you’re being a bit unfair to the Terramaster team.

Terramaster makes betas available for testing. Betas are not meant to be fully functional, final release quality. They are for you to kick the tires, in a NON CRITICAL/PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT, so that you can report issues and help the development process. FTP isn’t working? Ok, report it and go back to the last supported release where it is working, until the beta is corrected or ready to be fully released.

Bottom line, again my opinion, If you want things to be fully stable all the time, stay away from Betas. Stick with fully supported releases, and then when they don’t work - then you can officially complain, and work directly with support to get it fixed. All I see is Terramaster trying their best to support the community, which is more than I can say for a lot of other brands out there.
I'm not just talking about the betas, it is the admin who has diverted the topic to the beta. I speak of all versions in general. there is no version, that everything works in general. or sharing fails, or hibernation fails, or both, memory failure, etc. etc.
I tried the beta out of curiosity, and out of exhaustion from the final versions all failed.
I have to share, the invoices and expert reports, without password, because version after version are unable to fix it, from the 27 that fails. idem of hibernation.
The final versions have too many flaws to be final.
F2-221

User avatar
JayBlingham
Posts: 72
Joined: 04 Oct 2020, 10:34

Re: TOS 4.1.30 is released for update

Post by JayBlingham » 12 Oct 2020, 02:21

I respect that this has been your experience, and retract my comment about betas based on a better understanding about how the thread progressed. I guess I just haven’t had the same negative experience as everyone else. So far, on the latest supported firmware, I’ve had no issues to speak of. Maybe I’m just not using the extended features as extensively? The core functionality of “NAS”, on my F5-221, has been working without issue since day 1.
Jay
---------------------------------------
F5-221, 4.2.06-2011031752
---------------------------------------

User avatar
yorch
Posts: 46
Joined: 07 May 2020, 01:28

Re: TOS 4.1.30 is released for update

Post by yorch » 12 Oct 2020, 02:36

JayBlingham wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 02:21
I respect that this has been your experience, and retract my comment about betas based on a better understanding about how the thread progressed. I guess I just haven’t had the same negative experience as everyone else. So far, on the latest supported firmware, I’ve had no issues to speak of. Maybe I’m just not using the extended features as extensively? The core functionality of “NAS”, on my F5-221, has been working without issue since day 1.
I'm not saying they are bad machines, but they are very poorly managed by software.
I have two nas f2-221, one at the office and one at home.
In the office, I use file sharing, so that clients can download invoices and / or reports, which does not work when you put a password in all the versions I tried, except in beta version 4.2.x, and that It is the one that I have installed in the office, but that beta version, the ftp does not work, and I can only work locally, and not from home to advance work. No matter how beta it is, in a nas, FTP / SFTP, SMB, these protocols, they should work yes or yes, because if not, the word "NAS" does not make sense, no matter how beta it is. in the office it doesn't bother me that they don't hibernate, because I'm not in the afternoon, even if they wear out without use.
At home I have version 4.1.30, which does not work for sharing, nor hibernation, with the inconvenience that although you have not used the nas for a long time, the discs are making noise while spinning at night, watching TV, etc. although ftp goes, it is useless to me at home.
There is no version that hibernate, password share, and ftp go together.
and from there, my complaints come, they give more problems than joys
I can't work from home, and at home the records keep spinning and making noise.
F2-221

Post Reply