TOS 4.1.30 is released for update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
RonnyK

Re: TOS 4.1.30 is released for update

Post by RonnyK »

sianderson wrote: 13 Sep 2020, 00:33 I have just checked my FTP (using 4.1.30) I didn’t even realise it was enabled, I don’t have any port forwards set from outside but using FTP Client Lite it logs me straight in on my iPhone (under wifi) using my username and password and shows me the shares I have set up so certainly natively it all works

I did have to use it’s IP not hostname otherwise it would not connect, have you tried accessing the FTP from within your network, this would make sure it’s not your firewall needing an active / passive FTP connection in the client
It has nothing to do with the connection. It is an authentication issue.
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

Ok but my point is that it authenticated my user absolutely fine and allowed me to connect

Could it be that you aren’t typing in your passwords correctly?

What happens if you create a new user with a simple password does it allow you to connect
F2-210

sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

Right think I have it, usernames are case sensitive

I just created a new user called Ftp and then tried logging on as ftp in told me my username or password was incorrect then corrected it to Ftp and it logged me in

Unusual for usernames to be case sensitive

Does this help at all?
F2-210

RonnyK

Post by RonnyK »

I can connect to tnas internally and externally thru terminal with any user credentials even "root" and ssh with no issues. It seems like there is a broken link between tnas FTP server and the user database. Other tnas services work just fine.
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

Could you confirm if i need to do this, and are there any actual differences?

im guessing its because i manually installed 4.1.30 and its now been released through the auto update system?
CaptureNas1.PNG
F2-210

scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

same here please
Best thing I ever did was ebay my Terramaster...
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Don't have to update the TOS. The update notice will be closed here.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Stevd

Post by Stevd »

I too am having issues with the user authentication for FTP. I did update to the beta 4.2.01 and I can't get it to work.
RonnyK

Post by RonnyK »

I found where the issue with the ftp account authentication is. I found that the content of file smbftpd.conf in the folder etc/smbftpd is incomplete. I have compared that file with the same file in etc.default folder which contained much more information. I have replaced the "corrupted" config file in the etc folder by the file stored in the etc.default folder. FTP user authentication is working now without a problem. This might help You to check what has happened after tos 4.1.30 upgrade.
yorch

Post by yorch »

RonnyK wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 02:10 I found where the issue with the ftp account authentication is. I found that the content of file smbftpd.conf in the folder etc/smbftpd is incomplete. I have compared that file with the same file in etc.default folder which contained much more information. I have replaced the "corrupted" config file in the etc folder by the file stored in the etc.default folder. FTP user authentication is working now without a problem. This might help You to check what has happened after tos 4.1.30 upgrade.
and how is that file copied and rewritten?
I can enter ssh, but little else xD. some easy way to copy the good file, and overwrite the bad one?

Thank you.
F2-221