TOS 4.1.30 is released for update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
RonnyK

Re: TOS 4.1.30 is released for update

Post by RonnyK »

yorch wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 02:51
RonnyK wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 02:10 I found where the issue with the ftp account authentication is. I found that the content of file smbftpd.conf in the folder etc/smbftpd is incomplete. I have compared that file with the same file in etc.default folder which contained much more information. I have replaced the "corrupted" config file in the etc folder by the file stored in the etc.default folder. FTP user authentication is working now without a problem. This might help You to check what has happened after tos 4.1.30 upgrade.
and how is that file copied and rewritten?
I can enter ssh, but little else xD. some easy way to copy the good file, and overwrite the bad one?

Thank you.

The best and easy way is to use an ssh client then copy that file from etc.default/smbftpd to etc/smbftpd
yorch

Post by yorch »

RonnyK wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 03:40
RonnyK wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 02:10 I found where the issue with the ftp account authentication is. I found that the content of file smbftpd.conf in the folder etc/smbftpd is incomplete. I have compared that file with the same file in etc.default folder which contained much more information. I have replaced the "corrupted" config file in the etc folder by the file stored in the etc.default folder. FTP user authentication is working now without a problem. This might help You to check what has happened after tos 4.1.30 upgrade.
I can enter ssh, but little else xD. some easy way to copy the good file, and overwrite the bad one?

Thank you.

The best and easy way is to use an ssh client then copy that file from etc.default/smbftpd to etc/smbftpd
I'm a bit clumsy with this from ssh. I enter from cmd and little else.
I've seen Putty used, but I don't know how to get the list of directories or files. I've tried looking for tutorials, but it's a lot of trouble for me.
is there any way for the interface to be like windows file explorer, where you see the file path, where you copy and paste to overwrite?
If some volunteer, to guide me step by step, if not it is too much trouble. or a screen recording and so I follow the same steps and commands ...

Greetings and sorry for my clumsiness.
F2-221
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

yorch wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 05:05

Thank you.

I've seen Putty used, but I don't know how to get the list of directories or files. I've tried looking for tutorials, but it's a lot of trouble for me.
is there any way for the interface to be like windows file explorer, where you see the file path, where you copy and paste to overwrite?
If some volunteer, to guide me step by step, if not it is too much trouble. or a screen recording and so I follow the same steps and commands ...

I have found this with the Terramaster which is very annoying. all the answers to things seem to involve doing something with SSH. I know nothing about linux, ssh etc. This NAS is slowly becoming a box sat in the corner gathering dust... it is working, but only just with issues left right and centre...

please give answers that people can understand.. as above I would not have a clue how to copy x to Y in SSH so you can understand why poeple are very put off by this.
Best thing I ever did was ebay my Terramaster...
RonnyK

Post by RonnyK »

scoobyfizz wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 14:22

I have found this with the Terramaster which is very annoying. all the answers to things seem to involve doing something with SSH. I know nothing about linux, ssh etc. This NAS is slowly becoming a box sat in the corner gathering dust... it is working, but only just with issues left right and centre...

please give answers that people can understand.. as above I would not have a clue how to copy x to Y in SSH so you can understand why poeple are very put off by this.
try this, this should work

once youve connected to your tnas thru ssh try this command

cp /etc.default/smbftpd/smbftpd.conf /etc/smbftpd/smbftpd.conf
yorch

Post by yorch »

RonnyK wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 17:32

I'm learning a lot. I have already copied the files as you indicated, I even saw that between line 5 and 6 there is a blank line, is a blank line normal?
I also got another file (ftpusers), which I put a capture, because it confuses me that it says that these users cannot use ftp
What does this file say, that they can't login to ftp?
Attachments
Captura.JPG
F2-221
RonnyK

Post by RonnyK »

yorch wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 21:48

I'm learning a lot. I have already copied the files as you indicated, I even saw that between line 5 and 6 there is a blank line, is a blank line normal?
I also got another file (ftpusers), which I put a capture, because it confuses me that it says that these users cannot use ftp

Its a list of users banned from ftp login.
yorch

Post by yorch »

RonnyK wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 00:21
yorch wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 21:48

Its a list of users banned from ftp login.
Well, everyone is on that list !! If we are not careful, even your user appears there! And why is everyone banned? do I delete the list or directly the file? Why is everyone banned? admin, root ...? notice that that file appeared suddenly.
F2-221
yorch

Post by yorch »

What is this? "admin expired"? ? ?
What is the dlsh file? Which is the only one I see when I run the "ls" command in the nas root folder.
My admin has expired?
I don't understand Anything.
Attachments
Captura.JPG
F2-221
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

I have also noticed that with 4.1.30 with patch 1.03 the rsync settings directory has started disappearing randomly with a reboot too... again..
Best thing I ever did was ebay my Terramaster...
psor

Post by psor »

scoobyfizz wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 14:32 Just a reply on the memory issue on the f2-210.. I thought it was solved but it appears that after 3 days my memory (with no additional apps loaded) has crept from about 20% to over 60%.. A reboot put it back down again.. The only thing I have this server for is as a backup so I have a regular Rsyinc on my QNAP to my terramaster..

So this update is good, but not quite fixed.... The culprit seems to be the msgcenter process.
I have the same problem. The process /usr/bin/msgcenter is taking like 75% of the memory !!!

Any idea how to fix this ?

Thanks.