F2-220 unresponsive after update and reboot

Discuss or report issues regarding TOS updates or beta releases
aghoras

Re: F2-220 unresponsive after update and reboot

Post by aghoras » 04 Jun 2020, 09:20

Hi,
Support sent me a new unit. After I put in my hard disks, I was delighted to find that all my files were there. But my shares do not work (neither via NFS or SMB). They show up as shared in the control panel of TNAS, but when I browse to the NAS via windows, the only share folders I see are public and admin.

There is something else going on as well: the UI is messed up. See the attached images. I'd like to do a manual update but I'm afraid it will brick the device again. Please advise.

Thanks
Attachments
shared_folder.png
log.png

TMSupport
Customer Service

Post by TMSupport » 05 Jun 2020, 09:08

As for the messed UI, please clear the browser's cache, and try with a different browser to see whether it's ok.
As for the disappeared folders with SMB access, please re-configure admin's permission to these folders, please check "Read & Write" and try again.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @

Scoates.jr

Post by Scoates.jr » 25 Sep 2020, 10:40

Maybe 2 hours after mine did the update to TOS version 4.1.30-2008031214 it was rebooting on its own roughly every 45 minutes. today I installed the ARM patch p1.03 and it seemed to be stabled for about 2 hours than now its back to rebooting every 50ish minutes. All drives are showing healthy and it seems that like 2 of the last 3 patches that were just pushed have been making the system worse.

Model - F4-210
TOS Version - 4.1.30-200831214-p1.03
CPU - Realtek TRD1296 @1.4

TMroy
Customer Service

Post by TMroy » 25 Sep 2020, 22:26

Please check if you are using a correct power adapter from manufacturer and your power plug is well connected.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @

Scoates.jr

Post by Scoates.jr » 25 Sep 2020, 23:33

I'm using the power adapter that came with the unit and its plugged into a Panamax mr4000 power management and conditioner. As the unit sitting in my living room.
TMroy wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 22:26
Please check if you are using a correct power adapter from manufacturer and your power plug is well connected.

TMroy
Customer Service

Post by TMroy » 25 Sep 2020, 23:52

As there is not same issue been reported before you, would you provide more specifice details?
For example, how do you know your device reboot? what service or applications running? did you try a different power socket? did you set any power schedule? did you enable the auto power on?

your information will be helpful to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Scoates.jr

Post by Scoates.jr » 26 Sep 2020, 00:10

Sure thing,

Audio beep is about every 10 mins. I'll hear what sounds like the startup beep as the Gui page will look like it's trying to come up. I'll have the "Checking file system... please wait" page for a few minutes then it drops to the login screen. I try to input my creds to login. and then the page seems like it is trying to load and then it stops responding and maybe a minute or so later I'll hear another Audio beep from the system like its starting the process again.

When this started I read in another forum that there were some issues with the USB copy and Transmission applications so I removed them since I wasn't using them. The only 2 applications I run on here are the Google Drive plugin and Plex.

I have moved it from the power management to just straight outlet and another slot. I also plugged in my Nintendo switch into where the Nas was and there are no indications that there is anything wrong with the power plugins.

I also have not set any power schedule. i also kept the option of to never go into hibernation. and auto power on was enabled but now i can't actually get to the home menu anymore. so not sure if i can change that from auto power on option anymore.
TMroy wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 23:52
As there is not same issue been reported before you, would you provide more specifice details?
For example, how do you know your device reboot? what service or applications running? did you try a different power socket? did you set any power schedule? did you enable the auto power on?

your information will be helpful to resolve the issue as soon as possible.