TOS 5.1.37 (X86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: TOS 5.1.37 (X86) is Released for update

Post by TMroy »

itisme wrote: 06 Jun 2023, 18:22 The auto fan is also broken on the F5-422. Like others have said, it runs at medium when the NAS is inactive and drops to zero shortly after I login to the look at the resource monitor overview.
First of all, the fan speed is automatically adjusted according to the hard disk temperature. However, during the hibernation period of the hard disk, in order not to wake up the hard disk, the system does not read the hard disk temperature, but keeps the fan at a low speed. Only after the hard disk exits the hibernation state, the system will read the hard disk temperature and reset the fan speed.

If the HDD is not in hibernation state, and the temperature is lower than 35 degrees, the fan will stop.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
benom

Post by benom »

benom wrote: 05 Jun 2023, 01:12
TMroy wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 12:03
benom wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 00:08 After backing up all my data, deleting the partitions, and reinstalling TOS 5.1, I finally have 8GB on my system partition!

Now I'm on 5.1.37, and I get an error when I try to mount an encrypted shared folder 😡

When I enter the password or import the key file, I receive an "Incorrect password" error.

I'm so tired of this; Terramaster solves one issue and generates two new ones :(
May I know how did you back up your encrypted shared folder? before you can back up it, you must mount it, and the encrypted folder then became unencrypted after it is mounted. so when you back up this encrypted folder, it should be unencrypted in the backup destination. This means you should not need a key to read this unencrypted folder.
lol, of course its not encrypted on my backup!

After the backup I deleted all the partitions and did a clean install of TOS 5.1.24, configured everything and created an encrypted shared folder. Then I restored all my data from the backup. Finally I updated to from TOS 5.1.24 to 5.1.33 and from 5.1.33 to 5.1.37 and now I can't access to all the data I have on my encrypted shared folder.
So, is there any way to mount encrypted directories while Terramaster solves the problem? Perhaps through the command line?
norman0
Germany

Post by norman0 »

TMroy wrote: 06 Jun 2023, 21:50
itisme wrote: 06 Jun 2023, 18:22 The auto fan is also broken on the F5-422. Like others have said, it runs at medium when the NAS is inactive and drops to zero shortly after I login to the look at the resource monitor overview.
First of all, the fan speed is automatically adjusted according to the hard disk temperature. However, during the hibernation period of the hard disk, in order not to wake up the hard disk, the system does not read the hard disk temperature, but keeps the fan at a low speed. Only after the hard disk exits the hibernation state, the system will read the hard disk temperature and reset the fan speed.

If the HDD is not in hibernation state, and the temperature is lower than 35 degrees, the fan will stop.
Do you really think the users are stupid? Four different people here report that the fan is louder in standby after the update. It does not rotate at a lower speed, it is clearly audible.
F2-220 4GB + 2*Seagate IronWolf 4TB
itisme

Post by itisme »

TMroy wrote: 06 Jun 2023, 21:50

This makes sense apart from I think we are seeing that the fans are now running at medium speed when the disks are in hibernate state and not at low (~15oo rpm vs ~800 rpm). This means thatpeople who have their NAS is the same room as them can now hear them when the could not before on the older versions.

I kind of understand the rationale behind running the fans at low speed, if the system has no way to determine the temperature of the hibernating disk then it cannot assume it is cool enough switch the fans off. Yes, a number of us are all seeing the fans cut to zero when we give the NAS something to do because the temperature is actually low enough but, others may not and they need their drives cooled.

I may be an edge case as I am running SSDs but, I am going to leave mine with Hibernate 'Never' and Auto Fan overnight to see if the Fans are running in the morning (which they normally are), the drives are currently all below 29 degrees and the fans are at 0.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

norman0 wrote: 07 Jun 2023, 05:12 Do you really think the users are stupid? Four different people here report that the fan is louder in standby after the update. It does not rotate at a lower speed, it is clearly audible.
OK, we will check again and resolve it if we can verify the issue.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
thierrys73

Post by thierrys73 »

Hello

when will we get a patch that fixes the problem of leaving (system) at 2GB

to continue updating

Thanks

and i have fan probleme !!
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

TMroy wrote: 07 Jun 2023, 14:23 OK, we will check again and resolve it if we can verify the issue.
My F5-221 with 5.1.37 appears to be working as in the past. My concern is usually the control is too coarse. If I run on "auto Fan" it usually will turn off the fan and not turn on again even with device temps going up. I now see that this is somehow tied to drive hibernation (to which mine are set). I would prefer that it was tied strictly to temps.
What I think I am seeing is Drives in hibernation, auto fan stopped, device temp rising to 50C, no fan reaction. However, I also see the "overview" display is (still?) not refreshing realistically (IMO) [time drift] so what I am seeing may not be true.
Can the fan behaviour be altered through BIOS?

(I am usually working remotely from device, so I cannot hear it.)
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid.
ERESEN

Post by ERESEN »

Updated from 5.1.34. Working very well.
Thanks
Kind regards
O.T.Eresen
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

TMroy wrote: 07 Jun 2023, 14:23
norman0 wrote: 07 Jun 2023, 05:12 Do you really think the users are stupid? Four different people here report that the fan is louder in standby after the update. It does not rotate at a lower speed, it is clearly audible.
OK, we will check again and resolve it if we can verify the issue.
We have verified the fan issue. In some cases, during drive hibernation, the fan speed may randomly shift from low to medium speed, we will fix it in next update.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Gremlin wrote: 07 Jun 2023, 18:26
TMroy wrote: 07 Jun 2023, 14:23 OK, we will check again and resolve it if we can verify the issue.
My F5-221 with 5.1.37 appears to be working as in the past. My concern is usually the control is too coarse. If I run on "auto Fan" it usually will turn off the fan and not turn on again even with device temps going up. I now see that this is somehow tied to drive hibernation (to which mine are set). I would prefer that it was tied strictly to temps.
What I think I am seeing is Drives in hibernation, auto fan stopped, device temp rising to 50C, no fan reaction. However, I also see the "overview" display is (still?) not refreshing realistically (IMO) [time drift] so what I am seeing may not be true.
Can the fan behaviour be altered through BIOS?

(I am usually working remotely from device, so I cannot hear it.)
Please try the next update, if you still encounter similar issues, please let us know.