TOS 5.1.37 (X86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
DaSatelliteguy

Re: TOS 5.1.37 (X86) is Released for update

Post by DaSatelliteguy »

I reinstalled a freshly downloaded 5.1.37 at the initialization screen and all of my files were still there upon reboot. It's good. Disaster avoided.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

{L_BUTTON_AT}DaSatelliteguy

Did you use the update package or installation package to rebuild your system?
Can you check the control panel to see how much space is on your system (root)
Control Panel > Overview | Resource display "/"
[I'm just curious. Tks]
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid.
nedhedrick

Post by nedhedrick »

Just installed 5.1.37, updated from 5.1.34. Update worked perfectly. Performance issues accessing shared folders are gone! Everything seems to be working very well...well done!
benom

Post by benom »

After backing up all my data, deleting the partitions, and reinstalling TOS 5.1, I finally have 8GB on my system partition!

Now I'm on 5.1.37, and I get an error when I try to mount an encrypted shared folder 😡

When I enter the password or import the key file, I receive an "Incorrect password" error.

I'm so tired of this; Terramaster solves one issue and generates two new ones :(
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

benom wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 00:08 After backing up all my data, deleting the partitions, and reinstalling TOS 5.1, I finally have 8GB on my system partition!

Now I'm on 5.1.37, and I get an error when I try to mount an encrypted shared folder 😡

When I enter the password or import the key file, I receive an "Incorrect password" error.

I'm so tired of this; Terramaster solves one issue and generates two new ones :(
May I know how did you back up your encrypted shared folder? before you can back up it, you must mount it, and the encrypted folder then became unencrypted after it is mounted. so when you back up this encrypted folder, it should be unencrypted in the backup destination. This means you should not need a key to read this unencrypted folder.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
joka388

Post by joka388 »

I have installed 5.1.37 without any problems on my TNAS F2-221 but the SMB Performance is very poor.
When i copy files from my PC to the NAS the Transferspeed is about 22 Mb/s.
Any ideas whats wrong?
benom

Post by benom »

TMroy wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 12:03
benom wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 00:08 After backing up all my data, deleting the partitions, and reinstalling TOS 5.1, I finally have 8GB on my system partition!

May I know how did you back up your encrypted shared folder? before you can back up it, you must mount it, and the encrypted folder then became unencrypted after it is mounted. so when you back up this encrypted folder, it should be unencrypted in the backup destination. This means you should not need a key to read this unencrypted folder.
lol, of course its not encrypted on my backup!

After the backup I deleted all the partitions and did a clean install of TOS 5.1.24, configured everything and created an encrypted shared folder. Then I restored all my data from the backup. Finally I updated to from TOS 5.1.24 to 5.1.33 and from 5.1.33 to 5.1.37 and now I can't access to all the data I have on my encrypted shared folder.
Bobbybare

Post by Bobbybare »

I have successfully updated both my F2-221 devices that were purchased TOS 4 by performing a clean fresh install 5.1.24, 5.1.33, 5.1.37. After wiping all the HDD's.
Now I have 8gb system partitions and both work as they should.

Please pass on this feedback to the development team about 5.1.37.

The HDD's do not shut down after 30 minutes of inactivity anymore. A real wear and power usage problem!

That Auto fan does not work, it runs fast all the time, I have had to change it to Slow to quieten it down and it now runs all the time even when there is no activity, this is probably linked to the HDD's not sleeping. Not good, anther unnecessary power usage problem!!

The non Beta version of Emby does still not show up in the app store..
mnewland
Great Britain

Post by mnewland »

my device T6-423 always showed that I was on the latest version and never offered me the update I had to download it and apply manually.
After the update was installed i found all the apps opened to blank pages -i could not use file manager or any other apps. After another reboot everything so far seems back to normal but my fan is running quit hard which is strange as according to the logs the nas is not doing anything.
My TNAS
  • Device = T6-423
  • RAM = 32gb official Terramaster ram
  • Disks = 3 x Seagate IronWolf ST400VN006 4TB
  • TOS = 6.0.202
  • BIOS = 5.19
  • Mobile App = 3.2.31
itisme

Post by itisme »

The auto fan is also broken on the F5-422. Like others have said, it runs at medium when the NAS is inactive and drops to zero shortly after I login to the look at the resource monitor overview.