TOS 5.1.34 (X86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: TOS 5.1.34 (X86) is Released for update

Post by TMroy »

quella wrote: 20 May 2023, 02:01 I have two bonded Ethernet ports (cat6 attached to a 1gbps switch ), yet under Network -> Interface and looking at the details regarding the bonded interfaces, it says Bandwidth = 1000mbps. It seems that the bonding is not functioning as expected. I have tried a few different modes provided when creating the aggregate bond and none seems to show 2000Mbps. Any suggestions on debugging or setting up correct bonds? I do have a smart switch and can create a true LAG, but the modes I tried did not seem to work when I LAGed the ports on the switch. Right now I'm using Dynamic Link (802.3) and still only 1Gbps being reported in the GUI.

Quella
Please report your issue in the correct forum section.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Myrddid

Post by Myrddid »

TMroy wrote: 17 May 2023, 23:39
IanG wrote: 16 May 2023, 21:52 Updated, now cannot log in, just get an occasional ""Loading..., please wait" message. Left it for 24 hours, has made no difference. Cannot connect with TNAS PC either.

What should I do?

Why has TNAS become so unreliable? Seriously contemplating buying another make of NAS :(
Please refer to this post for troubleshooting. Sorry for this issue!
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=4655
Hi, I reached the login page following method B instructions, and now the system is working, thank you very much.

I notice that free "/" space is less than 200 MB: how can I downgrade to 5.0.176 without entirely reinstalling TOS?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

The system cannot be downgraded.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Myrddid

Post by Myrddid »

It seems to me that I must fresh reinstall TOS formatting my hard drives...

If I did that, would I solve these issues? Which kind of filesystem should I choose? It's currently EXT4: is BTRFS a better choice?

Thanks
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

Myrddid wrote: 20 May 2023, 19:34 It seems to me that I must fresh reinstall TOS formatting my hard drives...

If I did that, would I solve these issues? Which kind of filesystem should I choose? It's currently EXT4: is BTRFS a better choice?

Thanks
I started with btrfs on my first TNAS but switched to ext4 because in an emergency I can pull the drive and read it from my PC. Btrfs has some nice features but I like having a failsafe. I also use raid 1 for simplicity and the same reason that I can pull one drive and still have readable data.
Myrddid

Post by Myrddid »

{L_BUTTON_AT}titanrx8
thanks a lot, hope to hear experiences from many users.

Now something strange happened. I wrote that my "/" element had LESS than 200MB of free space; now it's full 1.47/1.84 GB: that means MORE than 200MB. I don't understand why, but now I'm really reconsidering my idea to reinstall TOS. Any suggestions? It would really be a pain in the ass reinstall formatting my drives...
Myrddid

Post by Myrddid »

I apologize for the double post, but I have a question.

If I decided to reinstall TOS changing filesystem to BTRFS, I would just have to insert HDDs on the initial screen and choose "Install", would I not? I mean... will the system present the option to reformat my HDDs? It could be difficult to me connect them to my PC to erase them...
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMnorah »

You can go to the control panel, find the "hard disk" module, click "More" in the upper right corner, and select the "Secure Erase" to erase the partitions and all data on the hard disk.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}titanrx8
Myrddid wrote: 21 May 2023, 00:18 thanks a lot, hope to hear experiences from many users. Now something strange happened. I wrote that my "/" element had LESS than 200MB of free space; now it's full 1.47/1.84 GB: that means MORE than 200MB. I don't understand why, but now I'm really reconsidering my idea to reinstall TOS. Any suggestions? It would really be a pain in the ass reinstall formatting my drives...
I have one TNAS running x.24 and one running x.33. they both show the same size / as your system. Everything that I need is running fine so until an os update that makes a significant update that I need, I'll keep running what I have.
topo01
Germany

Post by topo01 »

TMnorah wrote: 21 May 2023, 14:30 You can go to the control panel, find the "hard disk" module, click "More" in the upper right corner, and select the "Secure Erase" to erase the partitions and all data on the hard disk.
Can you please share more details? Is there a procedure? I have a 2bay NAS (F2-220) running a Raid1. What happens after the secure erase of both disks? How can I erase a disk that's running the system?
F2-220, TOS 5.1.123 (8GB system partition), Docker 2.0.16 (Nextcloud, AdGuard Home), Terra Photos 2.0.13