TOS 5.1.33 (X86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
SquarePeg
Wales

Re: TOS 5.1.33 (X86) is Released for update

Post by SquarePeg »

nedhedrick wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 22:28
SquarePeg wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 18:11 Has anyone got this to work on an F5-221, using BTRFS and does it work properly? I had all sorts of issues when I tried last time and I'm back on TOS4 as a result.
I had zero issues upgrading from 5.1.31 to 5.1.33 on my F5-221 with BTRFS. Everything seems to be working fine.
Thanks for your reply. Have you tried Emby on it? I had major issues last time - the NAS would randomly stop processes (including Emby) and the only way to restart it (Emby) was to delete the Emby directory itself, reinstall the package, start it back up and it would work fine again for a while then randomly stop again. The same happened with Plex and I found that the cpu was always running high, even after both Emby and Plex had been removed and their respective directories had been removed - basically high cpu usage with nothing running in the background which is why I moved back to TOS4. If you are sure it will work, I'd like to give it another try.
emperorgr
Greece

Post by emperorgr »

i got a usbshare1 folder at SMB folders, when i dont have any USB installed at the NAS, with 5.0.176 didnt had this folder there, do you have any idea how to get rid of this folder? :D
franco72

Post by franco72 »

Ottavio wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 22:19 My Nas is in the same situation, how did you fix it?
viewtopic.php?p=26331#p26331
jhalfhide

Post by jhalfhide »

No issues updating my F2-422. Updated Plex Server to the latest version that was released today (1.32.1.6983-93784ef3f). Hardware transcoding now working. CPU usage sat at 60% whilst transcoding. Brilliant
F2-422 running TOS 5.1
Plex/Sonarr/Radarr/Lidarr/SabNZBD
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Updated, but media server is still terminated as soon as a smart TV tries to access the shared folders, and I still have the corruption in the file manager.
powerQ

Post by powerQ »

Have been using 5.1.33 for two days, and everything running well, I can't be happier. This is a great update, I would say.
F4-221 TOS 5.1.34 (SAMSUNG 250 SSD x1, WD Red 8TB x 1, Single drive)
F2-423 TOS 5.1.34 RAID1(12TB IronWolf x 2)
Supr4

Post by Supr4 »

I just updated to 5.1.33 and now it wont boot! Please any suggestion?
With the drives loaded, it doesn't boot. It boots when i remove all the drives, but then when i plug in the drives, the volume doesn't appear. Restarting after plugging in the drives, it does not boot!
I have a F4-423 and i updated from 5.1.24 to 5.1.33
CANClientA1

TOS Versions 5.1.24 & 5.1.31 Both Have Linux/FRP.B!MTB Treat

Post by CANClientA1 »

Hello Everyone,

I would like to share my findings about TOS versions 5.1.24 and 5.1.31. I usually download the TOS New Installation and Update packages from the Official TerraMaster Website onto my PC and then use the PC to deploy either the New Installation (for TNAS initial installation) or use the update package for TNAS that already has an older version of TOS.

Recently, my PC's Windows Defender alerted me that the released TOS New Installation Packages version 5.1.24 and 5.1.31 both contained Linux/FRP.B!MTB virus which is marked as "Alert Level: High" by Windows Defender. I have already taken the snapshot of the Treat and forwarded to my contact at TerraMaster (Ms. Anita Kuang) for further investigation and I think there is only 2 possibilities that this virus got added in the package:

1) The machine that was used to create the TOS Installation Packages must have been infected and the developer without knowing, packaged the TOS Installation software with the virus

2) The virus was intentionally added by a developer in the package

If you have those packages on your PC, just run "Virus & Threat Protection" on the packages to see the result. I wanted to include the picture, but I this platform does not have simple copy and paste!

In either case, TerraMaster must investigate and fix the issue immediately. I am sharing these findings, in order for those of us who had downloaded and installed TOS versions 5.1.24 and/or 5.1.31 to upgrade to version 5.1.33 ASAP.

As for the moderator and or Support team on this forum, would you please take note of my post and have your technical Team to take immediate action to fix the issue. After all we are all your customers and we are the ones who will be working with you as your extended support and BUG Reporter.

In order to avoid deploying a package that may contain virus(es) , I suggest to first download the package, run a virus scan on the package, before you deploy it into your Home/Office environment.

Thank you and Good Luck!
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

That's a wrong report from Windows Defender, Windows Defender fooled you, ignore it. FRP is a service used in TOS.

There are a lot of similar stories, here is one example: https://github.com/fatedier/frp/issues/1204
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
CANClientA1

Post by CANClientA1 »

Hi TMRoy,

Thank you for your response. I come from a Windows Platform Background and am not that familiar with Linux and its OS. However, when I setup the T12-423 TNAS, I had enabled "File System Snapshots" (every 4 hours, maximum 180 snapshots - every 30 days) and also installed "ClamAV" and configured it run every 12 hours on the entire TNAS. Up to now, ClamAV has not reported any viruses, and you mentioning that FRP is a service within TOS and is not a virus, puts my mind at ease :)

Take care,

CANClientA1