TOS 5.1.33 (X86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
Ottavio

Re: TOS 5.1.33 (X86) is Released for update

Post by Ottavio »

I updated my F2-221, it froze don't start, I'm tired of these updates!!!!
What can I do to fix?
I will never get a Nas Terramaster again.

Best Regard,
Ottavio
franco72

Post by franco72 »

TMroy wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 23:48 We may find the reason why your page shows white without loading the OS.
I acted radically. An action plan if someone finds themselves in the same situation if the system is installed on an SSD M2, and cannot start correctly after an unsuccessful update or for other reasons.

1. Unplug the NAS from the wall outlet. Remove all HDD (put aside in the same order).
2. Disassemble the NAS, remove the M2 SSD board.
3. Without assembling the NAS back, insert it into the slot on the far right (the installation refused to start on others) some unnecessary HDD (I was lucky, the old one was lying on 1 TB in the closet). Enable the NAS. Install a clean system on it. Exit the work correctly via the menu. Unplug the server from the socket.
4. Return the SSD M2 card, start the server. After the system boots successfully, you can copy the necessary files (if any) from your SSD M2 to the computer via the menu. Well, for example, program settings.
5. Through the menu, delete the volume and pool corresponding to SSD M2. Turn off the server via the menu. Extract the HDD, thanks to which it was possible to start.
6. Restart the NAS with only one SSD M2. Surprisingly, the system booted up with an empty disk! Go to the settings, reset to factory settings. After that, a new installation will begin, and the system will boot from the M2 SSD. At this stage, you can return the files with the program settings, or you can not return them if you want a guaranteed clean installation that will not introduce previously accumulated errors from previous installations and updates. I preferred the second option - a clean install and reconfigure all applications.
7. Disconnect the server from the network, assemble it without installing HDD. Start the server, if the system has started successfully, then, without turning off the NAS, return all the HDDs one by one to their place, starting from the first one. After making sure that in the disk menu all HDD appeared with the inscription "Good condition", the server can be restarted through the menu.

As a result, a brand-new TOS 5.1.33 without glitches on an SSD M2 and all dozens of terabytes of information on the HDD are in place.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Ottavio wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 15:55 I updated my F2-221, it froze don't start, I'm tired of these updates!!!!
What can I do to fix?

Best Regard,
Ottavio
what did you mean it froze don't start? what is the symptom exactly?
what's your previous TOS version? the 5.1.33 requires minimum 5.1.24 to update from. if you update from 4.2, you need to have a clean reinstallation to 5.0.176, then 5.1.24 > 5.1.33
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
SquarePeg
Wales

Post by SquarePeg »

Has anyone got this to work on an F5-221, using BTRFS and does it work properly? I had all sorts of issues when I tried last time and I'm back on TOS4 as a result.
Ottavio

Post by Ottavio »

TMroy wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 17:41
Ottavio wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 15:55 I updated my F2-221, it froze don't start, I'm tired of these updates!!!!
What can I do to fix?

Best Regard,
Ottavio
what did you mean it froze don't start? what is the symptom exactly?
what's your previous TOS version? the 5.1.33 requires minimum 5.1.24 to update from. if you update from 4.2, you need to have a clean reinstallation to 5.0.176, then 5.1.24 > 5.1.33
The my previuot version are 5.1.24
The system dead whith this image:
Attachments
NAS.jpeg
norman0
Germany

Post by norman0 »

TMroy wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 09:51
norman0 wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 02:40 For the 5.1.29 I reported a problem with the Media Index.
TMroy wrote: 27 Mar 2023, 23:48
some corrupted files or wrong file times may stop the indexing, we have verified this issue, will fix it in the coming releases.
Unfortunately it is still present in 5.1.33.
Please login with SSH, export the log of the media index and send it to us for study.

Code: Select all

cp -r /var/log/media.log /Volume1/public/

Code: Select all

cp -r /var/log/mediadb/mediadb.log /Volume1/public/
Thank you for your answer.
I have done a few more tests:
- Start version is TOS 5.0.176.
- Update to TOS 5.1.24.
- Update to TOS 5.1.33.
- Reset to factory defaults (I did not do this the first time).
- Configuration of the media directories
- Enable media indexing -> Media Index is created completely and correctly.
- Click on "rebuild Index" -> Media Index is not completely created (many directories are missing). Here I have copied the logs.
- Click on "rebuild Index" again -> Media Index is created completely and correctly.

I have sent you the logs by e-mail.
F2-220 4GB + 2*Seagate IronWolf 4TB
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMwuu »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Ottavio

It is recommended that you try to restart the device.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Ottavio

Post by Ottavio »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Ottavio
TMwuu wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 19:21 It is recommended that you try to restart the device.
I've done this multiple times already. I am truly put off by these updates and look unprofessional. I've had the NAS for less than a year and this is the second time it crashes after an update.
Ottavio

Post by Ottavio »

franco72 wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 00:04 I checked the source code of the white page in the browser and see this:

<body class="overBody"><noscript><strong>We're sorry but TOS5 doesn't work properly without JavaScript enabled. Please enable it to continue.</strong></noscript><div id="app"></div><script src="js/chunk-vendors.2d7f5521.js"></script><script src="js/app.fadfe3e2.js"></script></body></html>

TNAS PC notifies the status: Ready. However, authorization via TNAS PC freezes. Windows Explorer opens the system disk, but it is empty.
My Nas is in the same situation, how did you fix it?
nedhedrick

Post by nedhedrick »

SquarePeg wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 18:11 Has anyone got this to work on an F5-221, using BTRFS and does it work properly? I had all sorts of issues when I tried last time and I'm back on TOS4 as a result.
I had zero issues upgrading from 5.1.31 to 5.1.33 on my F5-221 with BTRFS. Everything seems to be working fine.