TOS 5.1.33 (X86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
DERIKKU

Re: TOS 5.1.33 (X86) is Released for update

Post by DERIKKU »

emperorgr wrote: 22 Apr 2023, 00:03 i got a usbshare1 folder at SMB folders, when i dont have any USB installed at the NAS, with 5.0.176 didnt had this folder there, do you have any idea how to get rid of this folder? :D
i have usbshare1 and usbshare2 and 2 folders mit ".compress someone" after a restart. when i delete this in samba.conf this folder are gone away. but after a restart the folder are gone back in the samab.conf and in the network. I cant see this folders in the web interface tos
F5-221
TNAS 10TB
RAM 10GB
DERIKKU

Post by DERIKKU »

SquarePeg wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 23:06
nedhedrick wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 22:28
SquarePeg wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 18:11 Has anyone got this to work on an F5-221, using BTRFS and does it work properly? I had all sorts of issues when I tried last time and I'm back on TOS4 as a result.
I had zero issues upgrading from 5.1.31 to 5.1.33 on my F5-221 with BTRFS. Everything seems to be working fine.
Thanks for your reply. Have you tried Emby on it? I had major issues last time - the NAS would randomly stop processes (including Emby) and the only way to restart it (Emby) was to delete the Emby directory itself, reinstall the package, start it back up and it would work fine again for a while then randomly stop again. The same happened with Plex and I found that the cpu was always running high, even after both Emby and Plex had been removed and their respective directories had been removed - basically high cpu usage with nothing running in the background which is why I moved back to TOS4. If you are sure it will work, I'd like to give it another try.
same here. after ca 24h i cant use the nas. all connections are gone away and the nas is working hard on the disks. after 2 days nothing is change on this status. i must make a hard power down reset. then is the nas ca 24h online and then repeat it.

the status message of the media index is also 0
F5-221
TNAS 10TB
RAM 10GB
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Question about where updates are implemented, since the boot system is stored on the internal USB drive, I would presume all updates get written to the USB drive? So if there is corruption residing somewhere on this then surely it will continue to get further corrupted by subsequent updates which is what I am thinking regarding those that suffer problems with each update myself included, so logic says that in theory re flashing with a good copy of whatever current firmware should in theory fix the problem?
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Tricky

if there is corruption on the USB then yes i can agree with you on your thinking
however my history with TM has also proved that they like to blame hardware and corruption when infact their software has bugs but yes sometimes you have to say enough is enough and reset the unit and install it fresh instead of update upon update upon update

i'm happily running Seagate Barracuda on my F2-210 and all issues have settled down for many months now once they got rid of BTRFS and stopped doing massive software updates to the ARM version
F2-210

Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

@sianderson

Yes I have always thought that the problem is down to bad commands that get overlooked or presumed OK and this just compounds problems, the main problem for me is that although I am willing to learn I do have trouble with getting my head around coding, and I have had a look at the instructions for re loading the boot software via Ubuntu and might give it a try, but I suspect I will run into problems, why can't TM just supply a download of the required software for the boot USB like Truenas which I have managed to load onto another of my TM machines, and it seems to run OK, but my drives are getting hot so need to sort out fan control.
billyBob

Post by billyBob »

Upgraded today from 4.2.39 > 5.0.176 > 5.1.24 > 5.1.33

Kudos to devs for such beauty. Thank you.
freman

Post by freman »

So, this update went just fine... first time that's happend in the 5.1 series...

oh wait...

None of my users can log in "User not exists!"

I can ssh in just fine, so....
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Try to reboot your device several times and try again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)