> I first had to upgrade to 5.1.24 as the instructions said (because, as
> usual there was no update notification in the OS), and my device wouldn't
> boot after that. Ended up with a few extra beeps during the boot process,
> and all lights red. I tried restarting, pulling the drives and restarting,
> powering off and restarting etc etc and even tried loading 5.1.29 when the
> firmware finally decided it wanted to give me something, and that something
> was the new device configuration screens (as in, this is a new device,
> configure it from scratch - no thanks). Nothing I did fixed the problem,
> and frankly I no longer want to troubleshoot these issues.
>
> I'm sure that there is a fix, and I'm sure that someone here will know
> it... but honestly... I really don't want to go through these support hoops
> anymore. Just a personal choice, and my own personal thoughts, feelings,
> and opinions. My F5-221 has been (mostly) rock solid up until now and in
> the past I didn't mind going through the motions of support. I thought I
> was contributing to helping build up the product, and the brand.
> Unfortunately, this part of the product just doesn't seem to improve, and I
> don't have the time to keep tinkering with my only storage device every
> time there's an update.
>
> Anyway, I'm sure I'm already at risk of some troll telling me to shut up
> and move on :D so, I'll say "so long and thanks for all the
> fish", but I'm now going to decide if I try to install an alternative
> OS or just go buy a different NAS.
>
> Take care everyone, and best of luck to those of you who have more patience
> and dedication.

I got burned by an update and the support team tried to blame me for the damage and left me without my data and now without contact and without a NAS - I will be moving to anything else.
Tricky
Great Britain

Re: TOS 5.1.29 (X86) is Released for update

Post by Tricky »

Tried the little trick I used on the 5.1.24 update of uninstalling Terra photos, but this didn't work for the 5.1.29 update also got all the audio transcoding turned off but still no go, as soon as a media playing device like TVs etc contact the TNAS media it turns of media server.
I have also had to delete and re-create all the shared folders for them to be able to be detected via NFS and even though I have reduced SSDP broadcast I still cannot see any folders via SMB or UPNP/DLNA this also applies to the 5.1.24 update, before this update I didn't need to configure every single IP of the players/computers to be able to see and read folder content.
Quite how TM manage to make these monumental screw-ups with software updates that previously worked OK and turn them into a mess, I just don't know...guess I should have learnt my lesson by now, but I have persevered in the hope that they will get the software right but just how long does it take?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}JayBlingham

May I know what is the version before you update to 5.1.24? If your version is out of date, did you follow the update route? Base on the symptoms you describe, the TOS update failed. From the cases we have studied, it is shown that your system partitions on the drives may be full, and no enough space for the new update.

Under normal use, the space of the system partition should not be used up. Please provide more information to help us analyze the cause and find a solution.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Tricky
We will verify your issues.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
dhfh522

Post by dhfh522 »

24hrs after update to 5.1.29, the nasips process is back to consuming 100% on one of the 4 processors.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

The value you get may only happen in a very short moment, which is a normal phenomenon and you don't need to pay too much attention to it.
refresh the list and check again.
norman0
Germany

Post by norman0 »

Tricky wrote:
> Been happening to mine since the 5.1.22 update, it seems to be as soon as another
> device tries to access the media it turns off, been watching this happen with a TV.

For me 5.1.24 was good. The problem starts with 5.1.28 and remains in 5.1.29. Media index will be deactivated if I try to access with a device (Smartphone with VLC).
Media Server is reinstalled (including it's configuration) and also the media folders are deleted and new configured.

I have also noticed a lot of hard drive activity. At 5.0.176, my hard drives went into standby. This no longer happens since 5.1.24. They always work. You can also hear the heads moving. The LEDs are also flashing.

@Support: I have saved the log files (media.log and mediadb.log). If you need this, I can mail it to you.
Pisti7204

Post by Pisti7204 »

For me on F5-221 the update went smoothly from 5.1.24, without any problem. Now the "slow SMB" problem seems solved, I have a noname Realtek USB to 2,5G ethernet adapter connected to my routers 2,5Gbps port, and on my WiFi6 connected notebook the down/up speed is over 160MB/s (it's 1,3Gbps). I have a 120GB SSD dedicated to system, 2x1GB SSD in RAID1 for critical data, and 2x1GB SSD as single disks. I never had mystic problems with my login, never had lost drives, so I can say the system is rock solid for me, and I think this much crying is primarily user error!
dhfh522

Post by dhfh522 »

The CPU utilization for nasips is consistently 100%. It switches processors, but it's always 100%, effectively reducing this to a 3 processor system.
norman0
Germany

Post by norman0 »

Tricky wrote:
> Been happening to mine since the 5.1.22 update, it seems to be as soon as another
> device tries to access the media it turns off, been watching this happen with a TV.

I solved this problem now with "rebuild index". See here: viewtopic.php?t=4029#p23367