TOS 5.1.29 (X86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

TOS 5.1.29 (X86) is Released for Update

Post by TMRyan »

WARNING!
Since the new version of TOS 5.1 system requires more storage space, if your initial system was TOS 4.x and system partition is 2GB, please do not update to this version.
To check the free space of your system partition,
Go to "TOS > Control panel > System Info > Overview", and check free space from the item of "/" .

Release Notes

Applicable models: F2-220, F2-420, F4-220, F4-420, F5-420, F2-221, F2-421, F2-422, F4-221, F4-421, F4-422, F4-223,F5-221, F5-225, F5-421, F5-422, F8-421, F8-422, F2-223, F4-223, F2-423, F4-423, T6-423, T9-423, T12-423;

This update includes the following bug fixes for the previous version:
1.Fixed some issues of app center
2.Fixed some issues of volume
3.Fixed some issues of user
4.Fixed some issues of external storage
5.Fixed some issues of shared folders
6.Fixed some issues of storage pool
7.Fixed some issues of network services
8.Fixed some issues of media index
9.Optimized some settings of hard drive
10.Optimized some settings for restarting the system

Important Notes
  • The kernel of TOS 5.1 has been updated to 5.15. Since the Linux kernel has removed the Intel Celeron J1800/J1900 GPU drivers from 5.15, the models of this platform no longer support GPU hardware video acceleration. If you are a user of this series of models and need to use GPU hardware video acceleration, do not update TOS 5.1! Models involved: F2-220/F2-420/F4-220/F4-420/F5-420
  • Under normal circumstances, the system update will not affect the data in your hard drives, but for your data safety, it is strongly recommended that you back up your data before the update!
How to update your TOS?

Manual update:
1. Download the update package: TOS 5.1.29 (md5:793447170ca3eb5f20b05cf6764a054c)
2. Go to TOS > Control Panel > General Settings > system;
3. Under the "Manual update", upload the update package;
4. Click "Apply";
5. After the system update is complete, you need to refresh your web browser;
6. Your TNAS's IP address may change after the system update, if you are not able to connect to your TNAS with the previous IP, you need to search the new IP again with the TNAC PC client;

TNAS PC:
After updating to TOS 5.1.29, you need to update your current TNAS PC to 5.0.33 or a later version, or you may not able to search your TNAS device.
1. TNAS PC 5.0.33 for Windows OS
2. TNAS PC 5.0.33 for macOS

It is recommended that you uninstall the previous version before installing this version of TNAS PC.

Issue report
If you encounter issues during use, please report to the corresponding TerraMaster official forum, or email your issue description and screenshots to pm(at)terra-master.com
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
avdonr

Re: TOS 5.1.29 (X86) is Released for update

Post by avdonr »

Updated and it corrupted my volume with all my data on it. Seriously going to switch out my NAS for another brand, completely baffles me how a company can have nothing but system-breaking issues in every new release.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

avdonr wrote: 24 Mar 2023, 14:05 Updated and it corrupted my volume with all my data on it. Seriously going to switch out my NAS for another brand, completely baffles me how a company can have nothing but system-breaking issues in every new release.
Is your volume showing corrupt? Is there a restart attempt or check the storage pool display?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
avdonr

Post by avdonr »

It was showing as "corrupt volume" after the update. I rebooted via the web portal and it still came up as corrupted. The system then completely locked up and I was forced to do a manual shut down by holding the power button. After it booted again the volume appears to be mounted and is no longer showing up as corrupted (thankfully).

My only question now is how reliable/safe is my data? Will this keep happening?
gaz2k1uk

Post by gaz2k1uk »

I had trouble with 5.1.28, is it safe to update to this one??
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

I had two HDDs showing up as corrupted using the 5.1.19 update, it persisted until I updated again, but the volume was OK with data still intact, got several problems with the 5.1.24 update, but I think I will watch and wait until a few others update and see how this one pans out it's a case of frying pan or fire these days!
gaz2k1uk

Post by gaz2k1uk »

Tricky wrote:
> I had two HDDs showing up as corrupted using the 5.1.19 update, it
> persisted until I updated again, but the volume was OK with data still
> intact, got several problems with the 5.1.24 update, but I think I will
> watch and wait until a few others update and see how this one pans out it's
> a case of frying pan or fire these days!

I think they are running out of takers to update first these days...
dhfh522

Post by dhfh522 »

I haven't observed any new issues with this update (there are still a number of issues that haven't been addressed). Resource utilization seems better overall.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

avdonr wrote: 24 Mar 2023, 14:29 It was showing as "corrupt volume" after the update. I rebooted via the web portal and it still came up as corrupted. The system then completely locked up and I was forced to do a manual shut down by holding the power button. After it booted again the volume appears to be mounted and is no longer showing up as corrupted (thankfully).

My only question now is how reliable/safe is my data? Will this keep happening?
The prompt "Volume corrupted" may be that the volume has not been successfully mounted after the system update, and it can generally be resolved by trying to restart the device.
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sybarix

Post by sybarix »

Using the F2-221.

In the "Hard Drive" section of the control panel, my HDD2 slot is listed as "Unmounted". In the "Overview" section, that drive is also listed as "In risk". This only seems to have happened after updating from 5.1.24 from 5.1.29. Any issues?

Also, a strange behavior I noticed when upgrading: After upgrading and restarting, my HDD2 slot was not detecting any drive at all (front panel LED was blank). I restarted the device and it worked just fine without having to touch the hardware.

Hopefully this update solves the horrible CPU usage and unresponsiveness with 5.1.24 and SMB.