TOS 5.1.29 (X86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Re: TOS 5.1.29 (X86) is Released for update

Post by TMwuu »

{L_BUTTON_AT}benom

It is not ruled out that you may encounter problems during use.
If any function cannot be used normally, you can reinstall the TOS5.1.29 system after backing up the data.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMwuu »

{L_BUTTON_AT}freman

What system version are you upgrading to 5.1.29 from? Did you upgrade to 5.1.24 before upgrading to 5.1.29?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
freman

Post by freman »

[quote=TMwuu post_id=25859 time=1680422787 user_id=5190]
What system version are you upgrading to 5.1.29 from? Did you upgrade to 5.1.24 before upgrading to 5.1.29?
[/quote]

Yes, was on 5.1.24 but only had 64 megs available on / it seems some apps install data there instead of in /volume/{appdata application @apps} after uninstalling a couple of apps it was fine but it wasn't till I logged in as super user and looked at TOSDaemon.log that I knew why it was getting stuck at 53%
benom

Post by benom »

Finally I reinstalled TOS5.1.29 because it was not possible to upload large files (larger than 1Gb) to the NAS using SMB, but after reinstalling TOS I'm having the same problem.

I've tried with different computers and different files and I always get an error.

I haven't had this problem before, is it a known issue of this version?
sybarix

Post by sybarix »

I used an F2-221 to start a bad block scan for one of my BTRFS volumes, but cancelled it after 3-4 days as it was really slow (only 0.24% after 3-4 days).

After cancelling the scan, the drive status remains as "Unmounted". If I click "Enable", I get the message "Old Password Error". I cannot access the drive's data by any means.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

benom wrote: 04 Apr 2023, 03:50 Finally I reinstalled TOS5.1.29 because it was not possible to upload large files (larger than 1Gb) to the NAS using SMB, but after reinstalling TOS I'm having the same problem.

I've tried with different computers and different files and I always get an error.

I haven't had this problem before, is it a known issue of this version?
we did not repeat such an issue in our lab. please make sure you have enough space on your drive.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

sybarix wrote: 07 Apr 2023, 06:21 I used an F2-221 to start a bad block scan for one of my BTRFS volumes, but cancelled it after 3-4 days as it was really slow (only 0.24% after 3-4 days).

After cancelling the scan, the drive status remains as "Unmounted". If I click "Enable", I get the message "Old Password Error". I cannot access the drive's data by any means.
bad block scan feature is for hard drive, not for a file system. if you lick "remove" to remove a drive from the system, you need to unplug the drive and plug it in again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
HomeDepot

Post by HomeDepot »

The update 5.1.29 broke my f2-221.

SMB speed was terrible on this version. The best i had was 3 mb/s on file transfert. Streaming media from NAS stop working.

Nas didn't show up again on ipad with VLC. All the other nas appears online but not the terramaster.

The NAS only purpose is to host files. No service except SMB share. So i can't comments on apps.

Went back to 5.0.176. Speed went back to normal. Nas appear on Ipad.

This is a very bad update. Wait for another version.
dhfh522

Post by dhfh522 »

The hot spare assignment doesn't persist after reboot on this release. When assigned again, pulling a disk from the array doesn't initiate a rebuild. Please investigate. Thanks.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Try 5.1.31.

Return to “Update Notice”