TOS 5.1.29 (X86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
Tricky
Great Britain

Re: TOS 5.1.29 (X86) is Released for update

Post by Tricky »

Also getting email notifications even though I have all notifications disabled, is it worth resetting system configuration?
norman0
Germany

Post by norman0 »

Media Index is very unstable. If you click on recreate, the creation often does not run right to the end. It usually stops too early and I don't see all the pictures and videos. Sometimes the folder structure is messed up. I have configured two directories for the media index. I do not use the default folder "public".
I have done a factory reset. But that did not change anything with the buggy Media Index.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Tricky wrote: 27 Mar 2023, 16:40 I am also getting this effect when opening file manager, when hovering over the action panel at the top all I get is the cross for moving the page and cannot use the actions?
Clean your browser cache and try again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Tricky wrote: 27 Mar 2023, 20:22 Also getting email notifications even though I have all notifications disabled, is it worth resetting system configuration?
where did you disable the notification? and what kind of notification you receive?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

norman0 wrote: 27 Mar 2023, 20:44 Media Index is very unstable. If you click on recreate, the creation often does not run right to the end. It usually stops too early and I don't see all the pictures and videos. Sometimes the folder structure is messed up. I have configured two directories for the media index. I do not use the default folder "public".
I have done a factory reset. But that did not change anything with the buggy Media Index.
some corrupted files or wrong file times may stop the indexing, we have verified this issue, will fix it in the coming releases.
dhfh522

Post by dhfh522 »

Data scrubbing is still greyed out for btrfs volumes in this release.
prohdr

Post by prohdr »

I don't know how encypted share folder is implemented but it's not working.
I tried to copy a large file using windows to encrypted shared folder and it's not working.
It's failing.
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

TMroy wrote:
> [quote=Tricky post_id=25689 time=1679906452 user_id=140]
> I am also getting this effect when opening file manager, when hovering over
> the action panel at the top all I get is the cross for moving the page and
> cannot use the actions?
>
> [/quote]
>
> Clean your browser cache and try again.
#

Tried and it makes no difference!
macmpi

Post by macmpi »

TMroy wrote:
>
TMroy & other forum admins, could you please re-activate BBCode on this forum section for all users (yes cleared my cache & tried different browsers)?

Have a look at all users messages (like latest from tricky): quotes & other markups seem disabled for standard users on some threads like this one; they only work for admins.
Can you have a sanity check on all forum sections, as maybe settings differ on a per section bases (some sections work, some don't).
Thanks.
norman0
Germany

Post by norman0 »

My hard drives are running all the time. They do not go into standby. The heads are moving, you can hear and feel it.
I did a factory reset. That didn't change anything. The problem has been occurring since 5.1.24. With 5.0.xx the disks were mostly off.
I use a volume with BTRFS with two identical disks.
Does anyone else have this problem or is there a solution?