TOS 5.1.24 is Released for Update!

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
Tricky
Great Britain

Re: The Brand New TOS 5.1.24 is released for update!

Post by Tricky »

Already done that been through all settings, tried dropping the SSDP Broadcast interval which may have helped with one machine, but now the other has now disappeared to all the DLNA players like TVs etc.
akaserge

Post by akaserge »

Tricky wrote:
>loose the TNAS from the network connection or just cant see all the
> supposedly shared files!

The same situation with PMS on Nvidia Shield 2017 and TNAS F2-221.
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Yes it seems to lose all connections with any media device that uses UPNP, DLNA etc, and nothing visible via SMB or NFS but remains visible to Windows computers and any network device detection software, something definitely wrong with the latest update wish I hadn't bothered, getting so fed up I have stared looking for another make to replace both my TNAS with.
mokagino

Post by mokagino »

This version killed Plex.
always moving from enable to disable after short time and also i cant update to new plex version, from the "update" buton or from uploading manual.

Am I the only one with this problem?
F5-422
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Think I have found the problem, every time media devices like TVs streaming boxes try and access the media server on the TNAS, it turns it off, so what is the solution?
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

Tricky wrote:
> Think I have found the problem, every time media devices like TVs streaming
> boxes try and access the media server on the TNAS, it turns it off, so what
> is the solution?

My f2-221 had to be updated from 5.0.176 to 5.1.24 in order to get the dlna devices to see the files on TNAS.

Now the problem is that any time I back out of an empty media folder, the TNAS Multimedia app shuts down and has to be re-enabled and the dlna devices has to be restarted. It only happens when I accidentally open an empty media folder. As long as the media folders have readable content, I can access the content and back out and select other folders.

Technically I don't have any empty media folders but I do have raw photo files that need an editing software to open.
MDvP

Post by MDvP »

@Tricky
> every time media devices like TVs streaming boxes try and access the media server on the TNAS, it turns it off,

I have seen this also in earlier versions, it happens when UPNP discovery service is not enabled. Check this.
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

titanrx8 wrote:
> Tricky wrote:
> > Think I have found the problem, every time media devices like TVs streaming
> > boxes try and access the media server on the TNAS, it turns it off, so what
> > is the solution?
>
> My f2-221 had to be updated from 5.0.176 to 5.1.24 in order to get the dlna devices
> to see the files on TNAS.
>
> Now the problem is that any time I back out of an empty media folder, the TNAS
> Multimedia app shuts down and has to be re-enabled and the dlna devices has to be
> restarted. It only happens when I accidentally open an empty media folder. As long as
> the media folders have readable content, I can access the content and back out and
> select other folders.
>
> Technically I don't have any empty media folders but I do have raw photo files that
> need an editing software to open.

Mine seems to turn off even if the folder has readable files (mostly video).
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

MDvP wrote:
> @Tricky
> > every time media devices like TVs streaming boxes try and access the media
> server on the TNAS, it turns it off,
>
> I have seen this also in earlier versions, it happens when UPNP discovery service is
> not enabled. Check this.

My UPNP is also enabled, so this is not a factor, looks like they have fooked up the software yet again!
jgea

Post by jgea »

I have to say that I'm very puzzled, the access to our NAS is very slow, I'm on this very last version and weird things are happening.

From windows accesing simple files in a network drive is slow, when I select the file it takes a lot of time just to get the file selected, a PNG, and I can see the CPU is always around 35% of useage, the weird thing is that the process that is taking so much is "Java" - "TimeMachine", but I have TimeMachine disabled for sure, it's creating a lot of headaches because we cannot work with this kind of performance, it's hurting our production to be honest.

I hopw performance problems can be solved ASAP, I'm not sure how to deal with this.