TOS 5.1.24 is Released for Update!

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
maexchen

Re: The Brand New TOS 5.1.24 is released for update!

Post by maexchen »

after all the negative comments I just wanted to say that I updated today and (touch wood) everything seems to work
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

I accidentally updated my production unit to 5.1.24 a few days ago. Actually needed to do a "new" install because the update package kept failing. I restored the config file from 5.0.76 and everything I needed was set correctly. The only issue I found was that the first 24 hours after the update, the daily power cycle wasn't followed but it resumed the next day.

"Accidentally" because I meant to update my non-production unit first before updating the production unit.
Catson

Post by Catson »

I updated half hour ago, drives seem to be accessible with whatever i had set up.

But web interface is not working, cant connect to it.
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMwuu »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Catson
Please check if the IP searched by TANS PC has changed, or you can refer to the following link to fix it:viewtopic.php?f=81&t=2872
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Catson

Post by Catson »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Catson
TMwuu wrote: 02 May 2023, 14:51 Please check if the IP searched by TANS PC has changed, or you can refer to the following link to fix it:viewtopic.php?f=81&t=2872
it hasnt changed. web interface service didnt start, nginx had to take my nas upstairs, plug in to screen and keyboard, so i could enable it, because for some reason it wouldnt allow me to login on ssh. Locked my main account from ssh, even thou password was 100% correct. then followed tip i got from support chat to restart that nginx service.
hvc

Re: TOS 5.1.24 is released for update!

Post by hvc »

emperorgr wrote: 05 Mar 2023, 20:45 TMSupport wrote:
>
emperorgr wrote: 03 Mar 2023, 00:36 > a perfectly working TOS 5.0.176 installation at F2-422 server. Writing
> performance through 10G network ~ 240-250Mb/sec.
> New update 5.1.24...writing performance at almost half with 100-140Mb/sec
> writing, any idea what is happening?
> No Plex, no installed apps at all. no media index enabled also.
>
>
> We will verify it soon.

just more information for you. I have two 3.5"HDD installed. The main which the system is installed, the SMB windows (or Android as well) copy/write fuctions suffer ~40-50mb/sec while at the second HDD, writing is better ~150mb/sec..with 5.0.176 performance was ~220-240mb/sec at both HDDs, something is not working OK
I've noticed the same problem after upgrading to 5.1.24 - The SMB transfer rate decreased by 1/3 (from 70MB/s to 22MB/s).
Was this issue fixed in any new release? Is it worth to update now or wait for the official to be released?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

update to 5.1.33
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Yanness

Post by Yanness »

F4-220 system updated to TOS 5.1.24.

Now I have issues and users home folder are not visible and seem to be lost.
No back up done at time of update as no prompt of any problems was display at time of update.

NEED HELP PLEASE.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

what was your previous version before the update? did you follow the required update routine?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Jukeivich

Post by Jukeivich »

Good afternoon! I upgraded the software version from 4.** to 5.1, after which I stopped seeing the basic 3D media player Dune HD on this computer in an SMB network environment. The Dune media player only supports SMB 1.0 (to view folders on a PC, I install smb 1.0 in components). Tell me, what could be the problem? The SMB file service is enabled in the TOS settings.

I'll explain it in pictures
now. I went to the User Groups item (screen 1), made all the ticks for all
groups (screen 2, 3). I went to the application item, the same all the
ticks to the allow position (screen 4, 5). Next, the network environment
sees the folder on the PC (screen 6). And the Dune HD media player does not
see (screen 7). I also have an AndroidTV mecool km6 device. I also decided
to see if he would see it or not (I used the vlc media player application)
(screen 8). For some reason, both devices do not see f2-221, that's the
problem.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image