TOS 5.1.24 is Released for Update!

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
Jukeivich

Re: TOS 5.1.24 is released for update!

Post by Jukeivich »

add info
I created dune hd as a network folder, we got access via smb, but for some reason it slows down. When I just selected the network, then I select workgroup, then I select smb and the media player scanned the local network, I found the f2-221 device and went inside without any problems, into the folders inside. And now I don't see it when I select network, then workgroup, then smb, then it's not there...
Jukeivich

Post by Jukeivich »

I did, but also does not see the folder. That is, the problem is that when scanning the smb network, I do not see the f2-221 device, and if I create a network folder where I enter the name of the shared folder from the Dune account, which is in the settings of f2-221, then it connects, but the visible file is slowed down. This has never happened before.
Yanness

Post by Yanness »

TMroy wrote: 27 May 2023, 12:16 what was your previous version before the update? did you follow the required update routine?
Hi TMroy,

The previous version was TOS_X642.0_5.0.176.

How can I recover my data? I hope it is not lost.

Cheers
Yanness

Post by Yanness »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMroy

Yes it was a routine update.

I though it would be safe to update reason why I have not taken any backup the configuration files.
But I was wrong.
Jukeivich

Post by Jukeivich »

I reset it to factory settings, returned to version 5.0.176, I don't see the Dune HD media player in the local working group, I had to create a network folder on the media player. Strange why the media player stopped seeing the f2-221 device in the workgroup?

p.s. On the software version 5.1.24, the smb read/write speed is very slow. It opens slowly and the video operation slows down. I returned to 5.0.176, I don't see such a problem there.
Yanness

Post by Yanness »

Yanness wrote: 26 May 2023, 17:46 F4-220 system updated to TOS 5.1.24.

Now I have issues and users home folder are not visible and seem to be lost.
No back up done at time of update as no prompt of any problems was display at time of update.

NEED HELP PLEASE.
Can someone help me resolve my issue please?
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Yanness

Have you checked that 'Home Folders' is still enabled?

[Control Panel > User > More (last button) > Advanced Settings > Enable (bottom Line)

I have found that when disabled Home folders are not deleted, just not visible.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid.
Yanness

Post by Yanness »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Yanness
Gremlin wrote: 19 Jun 2023, 06:59 Have you checked that 'Home Folders' is still enabled? [Control Panel > User > More (last button) > Advanced Settings > Enable (bottom Line) I have found that when disabled Home folders are not deleted, just not visible.
Hi Gremlin, Thank you for your input. The home folder button was already enabled.
Yanness

Post by Yanness »

I have now reinstalled TOS 5.1.24 and the problem is still occurring. A number of my storage pools are missing and some of them are still present when checking the volumes.

But it seems like there is no admin to help me here. I am a bit disappointed as @TMroy kind of abandon me.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

The information you provided is so sparse and fragmented that I can't find any clues for now. Your F4-220 is a relatively old device, it should be installed with TOS 3.x/4.x at first, how did you update to TOS 5.0? Did you remove some of the hard drives and then plug the removed hard drive back in after the update? What are you missing exactly? Are you missing the user's home directory or are you missing a storage pool? How many storage pools do you have in total?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)