TOS 5.1.24 is Released for Update!

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
Tricky
Great Britain

Re: The Brand New TOS 5.1.24 is released for update!

Post by Tricky »

I have had numerous problems with my F5-221s and I have also had the messages that HDDs will be wiped, but on going ahead I have found that my folders exist.
Also, if you have trouble finding the web control page I presume you have used the last IP address used and added either :5443/tos/#/desktop or :8181/tos/#/desktop.
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

There is something very screwy with this update, I have reset and reconfigured NFS and SMB shares, yet there are still folders that won't show up or open despite being configured correctly, I have double-checked user permissions and the NFS shares are all mapped to guest but still no go on some.
Never had to even map all the folder shares on past updates for them to be seen or opened.
macmpi

Re: TOS 5.1.24 is released for update!

Post by macmpi »

TMroy wrote:
> [quote=macmpi post_id=24950 time=1677584802 user_id=81]
> TMRyan wrote:
> > Since the Linux kernel has removed
> > the Intel Celeron J1800/J1900 GPU drivers from 5.15, the models of this platform
> no
> > longer support GPU hardware video acceleration.
>
> Can you please elaborate which specific driver support has been removed in 5.15?
> Celeron J1800/J1900 (Baytrail, gen7 GPU) and assorted N series seems still supported
> within both:
> libva-intel-driver https://github.com/intel/libva
> intel-vaapi-driver https://github.com/intel/intel-vaapi-driver
> and I could not find any reference about such removal in those repositories (nor
> anyone questioning it), nor in phoronix news.
> Thanks to provide any pointer to this removal.
> [/quote]
>
> will check with the tech team and come back to you.

@TMroy: any update since? Thanks for following-up
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

This is the latest media driver recommended officially by Intel: https://github.com/intel/media-driver, this is the new driver Intel provides long term support. This new driver has been implemented on TOS 5.1.

From the supported platforms, you will see the J1800/J1900(Bay trail series) has been removed from the list.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
kenfrog

Post by kenfrog »

kenfrog wrote:
>
NOPE Support tried to blame me for this update killing the OS and now I can wipe or pay for data recovery :/

Really, this is how a customer is treated ??
Please. - actual reply : "Your system originally had a very old version, and then you installed the latest system, which spanned several major versions. This is not a normal update path"

Lets Review got the system new with version 4.2.15 on it updated to 4.2.16 the next day in Oct 2021. SO that is OLD and I applied the updates over time. I would check often and keep applying updates to avoid being hacked, broken and put up with many flaky ass updates to keep a smooth running system and keep my data. HOW is this not the normal update path ??? What DONT do Updates ??? Really? Also lets note that the first thing that the tech did was re-partition the disks, before checking anything about them,,, only two hours later did he confirm that the raid was a raid 5 with 5 disks and ext4 and then re-partition them again then noticed that he was on 5.1.24 and wanted to revert this system to 4.2.40 and bootloader bzImage_V4.9.19 ?? WHAT? and how am i to blame when he cant even use WinSCP to copy the bootloader to the linux system from windows ? ?? COME ON here!!!!!

Remove this post all you want I'm not going to keep quite about this at all - 60TB lost because of these clowns OR i can pay upwards of $600-$2800 for data recovery.... .. run from these people and set fire to these devices.

Any of you are one bad update and BANG have a $800 paper weight.
Good thing i work in tech : ) gonna be letting anyone and everyone know to avoid TerraMaster!!!!!!

WOW Just WOW
macmpi

Post by macmpi »

TMroy wrote:
> This is the latest media driver recommended officially by Intel:
> https://github.com/intel/media-driver, this is the new driver Intel
> provides long term support. This new driver has been implemented on TOS
> 5.1.
>
> From the supported platforms, you will see the J1800/J1900(Bay trail
> series) has been removed from the list.
Thanks for clarification: indeed latest driver does not support Gen7 GPUs (starts around Gen8).

Meanwhile TM could still support hardware video acceleration on Fx-y20 devices (J1800/J1900) with legacy intel-vaapi-driver (https://github.com/intel/intel-vaapi-driver) driver which is reported good even on 5.15 for those older architectures: you could provide both drivers and make some selection/blacklist depending on model.
So, there's probably a solution to keep video acceleration on Fx-y20 series: it's up to TM do decide to provide it or not to its customers (it is not an Intel choice). Hopefully this may be considered again...
Overclocked

Post by Overclocked »

macmpi wrote:
>
Did you ever get a reply form the team ? Is HW transcode working with plex evn thought they said it wouldnt ?
cwlk001380

Post by cwlk001380 »

Having issues with upgrading from 5.0.176 to 5.1.24 on F5-421. I've attempted upgrades and reinstalls but after each upgrade/reinstall the machine reboots and won't come back up on the network. When I hook up a monitor to the F5-421 I'm seeing kernel panic errors at startup. Bios is also still showing as version 5.12. Please help as I've had to reinstall 5.0.176 multiple times now to get it back up and working.
jhalfhide

Post by jhalfhide »

I can't wait until we hit a stable release with HW transcoding for Plex. Once that hits I'm leaving the hell alone. Worked happily for years on TOS 4, but alas I moved over to TOS 5 as the "upgrade" and have had nothing but issues since.

From mega high CPU usage, to no HW transcoding, to now having the whole TOS OS grind to a halt at least once a day (no UI webpage or slowly loading login page that takes your details and never logs in. All apps stop running, have to hard reboot.
cwlk001380

Post by cwlk001380 »

Still can't upgrade to 5.1.24 even after the NAS is alerting that there is an update available. NAS reboots and starts spitting kernel panic errors. Any help from support would be appreciated.