F5-221 : Plex, executable introuvable après installation

Discussion about DLNA, multimedia, media server
Pierre

F5-221 : Plex, executable introuvable après installation

Post by Pierre »

Bonjour,

J'ai récemment un F5-221 avec TOS 4.1.23-20004241128. Après installation de l'application PLEX, j'arrive pas à trouver l'executable sur TOS malgré que le centre Applications indique bien qu'il a été installé. Pourriez-vous m'aider SVP ?

Cordialement,

Pierre
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: F5-221 : Plex, executable introuvable après installation

Post by TMSupport »

Hi, please try to uninstall and reinstall it. and follow the instructions here to start Plex, and click "send to desktop:. viewtopic.php?f=75&t=364
If it's not ok still, please contact us at support(a)terra-master.com to let our engineer remotely check and help you.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
chourmovs

Post by chourmovs »

To Tmsupport

I also faced many issues with plex install updating TOS or Plex in TOS since several monthes

Sometime the same bug as Pierre, sometime installation process don't go to the end, sometime application launch fail or application initialisation fail and, as you say, I need to uninstall then reinstall

Even there uninstall/ reinstall is not a straight forward process and sometime I need to root SSH FTP to remove cache and folder to start from a fresh install to make things happen

It would be appreciable if Terramaster could improve the robustness of PLEX setup/update process or make things more verbose and transparent, especially since plex update are frequent
TNas F2-220
gaud

Post by gaud »

I face the same issue. I have a F4-210
I install Plex: It is very long (1h), then it says it's installed and running, but there is no icon on the desktop of the NAS, and the web-gui (on port 32400) does not find the media player on the NAS.

I click "send to desktop". I uninstalled and reinstall... Same.
Pierre

Post by Pierre »

Hi,

I follow instructions from "Troubleshooting for the issue that Plex cannot be started" but cannot fixed it.
I install again and again Plex and Emby. And I have same problem on both. After installation, I don't find any icon to launch Plex or Emby even after to click button to create shortcut on dashboard. It's very strange because app center confirm app is correctly installed.
Maybe I missed something... I just sent email to TM support. Wait and see.

Thanks for your help :-)

Pierre
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi, we have found the reason for this no desktop issue, and it will be fixed within 24 hours, it should be working and could be sent to desktop tomorrow.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
chourmovs

Post by chourmovs »

Your fix is working for me

Thank to the devs
TNas F2-220
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Any one have an idea just whats going on it has always been a pain but recently i have had to reconfigure the NAS because of a problem, and on installing the app yet again i find that it gets stuck even longer on “reconfiguring”?
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and when i try and start the server it just goes back and says stopped and on the app itself it just says “reconfiguring” for hours getting very disillusioned with the whole thing and going to start looking for another way if i cant get it to work.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Tricky » Today, 02:05

Any one have an idea just whats going on it has always been a pain but recently i have had to reconfigure the NAS because of a problem, and on installing the app yet again i find that it gets stuck even longer on “reconfiguring”?
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and when i try and start the server it just goes back and says stopped and on the app itself it just says “reconfiguring” for hours getting very disillusioned with the whole thing and going to start looking for another way if i cant get it to work.
Please try the instructions here to fix the problem that Plex could not be started. viewtopic.php?f=75&t=364