TOS 4.2.41(ARM) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
onemeshnig

Re: TOS 4.2.41(ARM) is released for update

Post by onemeshnig »

When you fix bug with TOS wallpaper?! I trying change wallpaper to custom, but after applying I got only grey color.
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMwuu »

{L_BUTTON_AT}onemeshnig

An unknown error may have occurred, it is recommended that you reinstall the system.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
richardhart90

Post by richardhart90 »

why is mine not updating !
get to 50% update and thats it
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

richardhart90 wrote: 16 Apr 2023, 01:15 why is mine not updating !
get to 50% update and thats it
shall we get our crystal ball out to give you an answer :)

might need a bit more information i.e
whats your previous version that you are trying to upgrade from?
what model unit do you have?
are you trying to update directly from within the update option or are you trying to download manually and then upload the update?
F2-210

macmpi

Post by macmpi »

{L_BUTTON_AT}macmpi
@TMroy Netatalk 3.1.15 is available, fixing additional CVEs and other bugs. As a reminder ARM TOS currently ships highly vulnerable older netatalk version, that has not been fixed since patches were released over 1 year ago: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3253 Please promptly fix it on ARM and x86 releases.
TerraMaster F2-210 under TOS 4.2.43, RAID1, Btrfs, serving Mac, Linux & Windows clients
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

At present, the ARM base 210 series is not able to update to TOS 5.
As Apple abandoned the AFP in their latest MacOS, and the latest Netatalk is not able to adapt to old ARM hardware platforms and kernels. The AFP may be removed from future TOS releases, it is recommended you disable your AFP file service as a temporary solution.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
macmpi

Post by macmpi »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMroy
Sorry but I think you may mix-up several things:
  • TOS requires AFP in order to enable TimeMachine: are you saying Terramaster intends to abandon TimeMachine feature?
  • netatalk support does not depends on TOS 5.1 (it does not require kernel 5.15 either): please be more specific on why ARM devices would not supporte latest netatalk, as competitors do (and fix CVEs in timely manner)
TerraMaster F2-210 under TOS 4.2.43, RAID1, Btrfs, serving Mac, Linux & Windows clients
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Time Machine can be processed via SMB, and SMB is recommended file service in new macOS.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
macmpi

Post by macmpi »

How do you enable TimeMachine in current TOS without AFP then?
Screenshot from 2023-04-29 14-00-17.png
If TOS can do it, why wasn't it changed earlier, since serious netatalk vulnerabilities was reported over 1 year ago?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Sorry, my fault. There is no SMB option in TOS 4.2 for Time Machine backup. Currently, the Netatalk is not able to be updated. I will keep you informed as soon as it is possible.

Return to “Update Notice”