TOS 5.1 Beta is released for testing NOW!

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
andrewfarquhar

Re: TOS 5.1 Beta is released for testing NOW!

Post by andrewfarquhar »

Now I've read the upgrade details I can see that TOS 5.1 is ready yet for my model of NAS.

So It's my fault. I'll try and work out how to go back. Please feel free to delete this request.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}REBELinBLUE

No need to pretend anything, no updated news means that there is no news yet. Please note that the new ARM 211 series models have also been delayed.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
REBELinBLUE

Post by REBELinBLUE »

OK thank you, it's just that when the question has been asked about whether the arm models would (eventually) be supported no one ever answered
MisterXY
Germany

Post by MisterXY »

No chance, have now tested the 3rd HDD. Tested Edge, Firefox.
By the way, clearing the cache in the browser gives 0 points if the /vat/update folder still exists.
The update is uploaded, unpacked and then it doesn't go any further.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
MisterXY
Germany

Post by MisterXY »

Sorry, but how should I describe something more precisely when the only indication is that the update failed.
I made you a screenshot, wrote down the model + announced the firmware and already told you that he would upload it, unpack it and then the /var/update folder would be there and you would not be able to update it a second time (regardless of whether the cache was cleaned is used or another browser is used). This only works after a reboot because the /var/update folder is already there. If the folder is deleted, then I can upload the update again and it does the same procedure. what else do you want Should I analyze the error for you why it doesn't work?
You are the support not me.
MisterXY
Germany

Post by MisterXY »

So dear support, I had the fun of installing the 3 HDDs in my F5-221 and lo and behold, the update went through all 3 HDDs without any problems. Then I tested it again in my F2-221 and the software runs there too. Apparently there are problems with the update routine. The difference is the BIOS. Perhaps there is a BIOS query that is preventing the update.
Error with 5.12 Bios
https://prnt.sc/9chlYq0XIu-b
succesful with MAPL0304V22
https://prnt.sc/mEOi7Q63k5e_
MisterXY
Germany

Post by MisterXY »

Sorry, here is the correct screenshot. Your software has problem wit _ at the end from a link.
https://prnt.sc/o86UUP5qjf1I
buster3

Post by buster3 »

when is there going to be a TOS 5.1 (ARM) release for the f2-210.
If I knew you people wern't going to support your product I wouldn't have bought it.
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

There's TOS 5 on ARM for the new/forthcoming 211 series, so if they are able to backport that to the 210 series, they could eventually release it publicly.

Terra-Master does continue to support the TOS 4.× builds (they released one just about a month ago), so it's not abandoned, just not on the newer TOS 5/5.1 releases, yet.