TOS 4.2.40 is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: TOS 4.2.40 is released for update

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}oliv3rtwi5t

What is your model number? make sure you downloaded a correct update package.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
CapCaveman

Post by CapCaveman »

TMroy wrote:
> sorry! the server was running abnormally yesterday, it is back in operation
> now.
Thanks! working now. I had a problem with 0% installing and now it´s fixed.
snapperheadjoeTM

Post by snapperheadjoeTM »

Just updated from 4.2.31-2203011629 to 4.2.40-2203011629 and Emby won't start. I downloaded the latest version from the Emby site 4.7.11.0 and it still won't start up. I see the process starting via SSH top but a few seconds it stops. Does anyone have a fix for this?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}snapperheadjoeTM

Please try to uninstall emby first, then reinstall.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
huylv

Post by huylv »

Hi,
I got uploading failed while upgrading from 4.2.30 x86 to 4.2.40 x86 using manual update method

It stopped at 50% .

Please advised. Thanks
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

huylv wrote:
> Hi,
> I got uploading failed while upgrading from 4.2.30 x86 to 4.2.40 x86 using
> manual update method
>
> It stopped at 50% .
>
> Please advised. Thanks
If I remember correctly 4.2.30 had to be updated to . 32 before updating to . 40
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMnorah »

TOS 4.2.30 can be directly upgraded to 4.2.40. If your online update fails, it may be caused by network congestion or file system abnormality. You can reinstall the system by referring to the following forum guide link. If you encounter the need to re-create the array, please stop the next step immediately and contact our technical team through email for remote technical support.
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=423
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
SloppyJalopy

Post by SloppyJalopy »

So, I up auto updated from TOS 4.2.31 to 4.2.40
F5-221
TNAS PC app shows my array, but when I click login, it takes me to the wizard.
I'm really hoping I did not just lose my data.
werzaque

Post by werzaque »

F4-220 update from 4.2.19 to 4.2.40 through online update. Upon rebooting lights for HDD1 and HDD2 were not lit and the system was also not discoverable by TNAS PC. I consulted support just to be entirely sure, and they asked to reboot the system, which I did by holding down the power button, waiting for a second or ten, and then pressing the power button again. The system booted up normally and all is working properly.

It would be nice if you could include a link to a list of fixes with future update notices, as it's a little hard to look up what has been changed AFTER you've completed an update.

I do have a problem currently that each time I replace a disk I have to ask support to remount the disk so the syncing will start, as the option for "repair array" is not appearing. According to the tech support guy, it had to do something with the very small differences in disk sizes throwing off the TOS. He said that it's being worked on and I sincerely hope this will get fixed soon. I mean, you guys are awesome when it comes to providing ad hoc support, but I hate having to bother you guys every time I do a disk swap...